Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-06-2003 , 09:47 AM
Kevin

Hulk Smash !!!!

# 2 03-06-2003 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
I cant wait!!!! "... you wont like Ang when Ang angry....grrrr"

# 3 22-06-2003 , 06:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
Figured this would be a good thread to post my thoughts on the Hulk after watching it tonight.

Warning! Spoilers!

---

Overall, I think it was a good movie. Not great, but not terrible.

Faults:

1- Too damn long! You don't even SEE the Hulk the whole first hour! How crazy is that?

2- Visual Style. Granted, this is more of a taste thing. Some people might like it, and in some instances, it was kinda cool, but many times, the screen just felt too busy, and others, it's just darn awful (uh... outline? Need I say more? :p).

3- Non-Hulk FX. The Hulk himself looked great, most of the time, but the OTHER CGI in the film really was lacking, I think... Especially the "blood glob" toward the end, for those who have seen it.

4- Uh... how much does the Hulk weigh? If he was to come sailing down from one of his mile long leaps and hit the ground, I would think he'd make SOME kind of dent in the ground?

5- Cheesy ending.

Good things:

1- Jennifer Connelly.. 'nuff said! user added image

2- The Hulk. The only instance that the Hulk really didn't look that good was when he physically interacted with live actors.... specifically Nick Nolte and Jen. Then you could really see just how "un-real" the Hulk was in comparison.

3- Action. So, after the inital hour, we finally see Bruce turn into the Hulk and the action sequances are really well done and really edge of your seat sometimes. user added image

4- Great Finale! The ending climax is the cheesy part that I'm referring to above.... when the "bad guy" is disposed of. After that,though, the "epilogue" is quite good, and a good, upbeat to end the show on.

5- Jennifer Connelly - Woo Hoo! One hot momma!

So, good flick. Worth $16? Maybe not. Well... maybe for Jennifer. user added image

# 4 22-06-2003 , 08:27 AM
I'm gonna post my thoughts here too! *!!!SPOILERS!!!*

I agree with Mike for the most part but I do have to say that they could have done a better job... A LOT better!
The first hour of the movie was drug out too much! Most of it was important but a lot was not!
Okay Mike said great finale and I agree but it happened too quick! They could have taken some of the film from the fist hour and used it for a better purpose and used it to make the "bad guy" more of a bad guy! They give him these really cool powers and he uses them once then he is destroyed with little effort I'd say! I don't know I kinda want to see it again to see if I really did or didn't like it! I saw a late showing after a very long day and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with my feelings of disapointment! Anyways I just think a few changes and it could have been better but each Filmmaker to his/her own right?!
L8

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 5 22-06-2003 , 12:30 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hey, Wicket. user added image

I thought the whole end of the bad guy thing wasn't that good... by finale, I meant, very very last scene. user added image Hint: in the jungle. user added image

# 6 22-06-2003 , 03:01 PM
God, I missed that grand ending user added image I hate this.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 7 22-06-2003 , 03:07 PM
All I got to say is X-men kicked ASS heheh.. Cg for the Hulk was pretty good. Movie was ok not great. lots of cheese and way to long...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 22-06-2003 , 05:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
hard to cut out the cheese when the star of the show is a huge green monster. user added image

HAL, well, it might not be all that grande, but I liked it. user added image

# 9 22-06-2003 , 08:16 PM
SHould I go see it today? or should I not waste my $$?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 22-06-2003 , 08:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
matinee would be cool, I think.

# 11 22-06-2003 , 10:45 PM
im going next wendesday i think.

not sure. i think the cg from what ive seen looks good. but i havent seen much.

# 12 22-06-2003 , 11:18 PM
I'll see it next weekend... had too much to do today...

Gotta read Harry Potter to my girl tonightuser added image

..see, she's blind and only has one leg, but she's got the most beautifull set of HUGE..... pigtailsuser added image hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 13 22-06-2003 , 11:33 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi
..see, she's blind and only has one leg, but she's got the most beautifull set of HUGE..... pigtailsuser added image hehe...

How the frigging f*ck does she find me hot then? user added image

# 14 23-06-2003 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
I agree with alot of what was said. The first half dragged on a bit but the last half made up for it. Ang brought a bit of cheese to the movie with his homage to comic books... multiple panels on the screen and the "outline" that Mike spoke about. As far as the CG... it was awesome! hulk "felt" heavy and his body reacted to the weight of objects very well.

I would see it again... if I could nap through the first 40 minutes or so user added image

# 15 23-06-2003 , 12:51 AM
Argh. I have to know what happens but i don't want anyone to spoil it. *waits for DVD*

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc