Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-02-2005 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber

Character Project - Rigging question

hi folks user added image

i want to learn more about animating a character. i found a tutorial in the archive but the description is very short.

Mike takes us through this character project - This will include the entire process including joint and Ik handle setup onwards!

If anyone have more details on what is in this tutorial well post it user added image and if you have any comments on the tutorial post it too

Character Project - Rigging

IMG4. :rambo:

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
# 2 08-02-2005 , 12:04 AM
The Maya Mountain
goes through creating the skeleton, IK Handles, foot controls, binding, skin weights, and blend shapes.

# 3 08-02-2005 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
well thx mike user added image

(I've just ordered your book, few minutes ago user added image )

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
# 4 08-02-2005 , 03:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
cool, thanks! Hope you like it user added image

# 5 11-06-2005 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber
Hey, just a suggestion. But I was having problems also with Mike's tutorial. Really funny in some parts (I was surprised at the humor and yet it still kept very much to the point), but the problem I had was with the IK handles. I have not redone the tutorial with the sticky option turned on yet, but I am going to asap. But my suggestion would be to put something on the tutorial information page on the difference in 4.5+ versions. Just something that I would have thought helpful. I even almost dropped the tutorial completely becuause of it. Also though, when I do my IK handles, after I select something else, or deselect the IK handles, they turn a brown orage color along with the joints they were attached to. In Mike's tutorial, his just stay blue, is this because of the sticky thing?

Edit: When I said 'almost dropped the tutorial completely', it was because of the IK handle thingy. Not the quality of the tutorial, that was great user added image.

# 6 11-06-2005 , 10:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, that's true. A change in subsequent Maya versions had the sticky option not on by default (for some unknown dumb reason).

# 7 11-06-2005 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
What exactly does it do? (man this is so cool, McKinley actually is talking to me :attnuser added image

# 8 12-06-2005 , 01:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
turn sticky on makes IK handles stick to their placement (especially useful for feet)