Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-07-2005 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber

slow progress

when i modeling my computer seems to slowdown when the model have about 11000 faces. Is that a good or bad number?

# 2 13-07-2005 , 09:30 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Man, 11000 is a bit low if you're workin' big. To have an idea, I've created an anonymous model. It had about 300000 faces and my computer kept workin' okay.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 13-07-2005 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
hi, i duno what kinda version u have of maya, but mine seems to lag when ever there is too many objects or faces with lamberts applied to them, try applying a blin to every object, if u dont want em to reflect turn down the specular stuff,if this works for u let me know id be interested.

# 4 14-07-2005 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
I didnot have the power abdapter connected to my laptop when it happend. Im now working with 20000 faces and its no problem, even if they are all subd's.
without power the computer slows down to a simple 500MHz.

Wich computer do you have Total Rookie? 300 000 faces seems alot.

# 5 14-07-2005 , 01:18 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
I dunno what computer I have. It's not mine, and I don't know nothing bout it. By the way, it seems very powerful. I was playing Winning Eleven here. The problem? I opened three WE windows. This computer kept workin' good.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD