Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-03-2006 , 11:42 AM

quick q's

some really simple questions

how can i reset my maya settings and prefs to a point where the tutorials box shows when you load maya, without reinstalling?

I used a wicked tool in training for smoothing my geom, with a paint type tool but i cant find it?? does anyone know where it is??

Thanks

# 2 03-03-2006 , 12:07 PM
To reset maya's settings - Go to the My Documents folder of your computer, then maya>then the folder marked with your version number>then prefs and then delete the file that says 'user prefs'. This will restore maya to it's default settings.

Not sure what tool you mean. The Paint Effects tool maybe? Make sure you are still under the modelling set of tools. To change this look under the small shelf on the left, which has the options modelling, rendering, dynamics, animation. I think the Paint Effects tool is under Polygons or Edit Polygons.

Hope this helps.user added image

Last edited by arran; 03-03-2006 at 12:09 PM.
# 3 03-03-2006 , 02:23 PM
thanks for ur help!!