Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 24-06-2007 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by tweetytunes; 24-06-2007 at 09:14 AM.
# 17 24-06-2007 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by tweetytunes; 24-06-2007 at 11:32 AM.
# 18 24-06-2007 , 04:35 PM
Only breaking for big brother! Shame on you.

I think that to spice it up they should drug a takeaway meal so thay all fall to sleep, then remove one of the housemates (whist there sleeping) and smear fake blood form where they were sleeping to a random wall, stopping dead at the wall. When the rest of them wake up, watch the horror, as it looks like one of thems being murdered and dragged through a wall.

That's about the only thing that would make me watch it.

Anywho joking over, your models coming along great guns, as you say very mortal combat, but it really suits the model.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 26-06-2007 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber
I know some blood in bb would be great but this year I know someone in there which makes it a bit more bearable.(although I am wanting them out)

anyway back to work. Changed the top completely and for now the mask is hidden as I`m still on the fence with this. Think of cut out the eyes and putting a head there instead, as I have move to a more faithful looking ninja - as before it looked like mortal kombat or a foot solider from turtles.

Currently working on a back pack (bottom straps are missing and planning on arming this guy with two swords, case between the head and backpack and two shi`s (is that how you spell it - u know raph from turtles weapons), running along the side of the leg.

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/neils...a/ninja2_1.jpg

oh and it`s back to my nice w.i.p images now the website is semi running - screen grabs look so dull

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-06-2007 at 04:12 AM.
# 20 26-06-2007 , 05:50 AM

Originally posted by gster123
I think that to spice it up they should drug a takeaway meal so thay all fall to sleep, then remove one of the housemates (whist there sleeping) and smear fake blood form where they were sleeping to a random wall, stopping dead at the wall. When the rest of them wake up, watch the horror, as it looks like one of thems being murdered and dragged through a wall.

ha ha - that is so wrong, but would be cool to watch - reminds me a bit of the show 'scare tactics' from a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYVT1-xz5LM

sorry for spamming tweetytunes!

nice job on the model mate - I like his outfit and that hair thing he has on the back of his head..

I know it's early days but he's looking a little blocky to me and his hands seem a bit flat - I might try to get the arch of the knuckles in there just to make them look a little bit more realistic. last, it might be the angle, but it seems as though his legs are pushed back a little bit too much - almost as if he's falling forward.

Hope you don't mind the crit. user added image Keep up the excellent work!user added image

# 21 26-06-2007 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber
dude I never mind the mind the crit.

At the mo I am just blocking this guy out - the only really detail so far is the arm guards as I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest yet. This guy is still very low poly at the mo. The main reason is that I have no solid concept for what I want this guy to look like. As you can see the first attempt came out like Sub_zero for MK and every idea I have seems to be done before. So don`t want to add to much detail until I`m happy with the over all form.

The thing at the back of the head is where the mask ties up (again think turtles) - its not hair

The legs I`ll have to have a look at after once I open the file but I think its just the angle -but thats easily fixed ain`t it

Anyway Arran,

when are you going to grace us with your entries here at the challenge table. - we not seen you since you won

# 22 26-06-2007 , 02:46 PM
Nice going Tweety, be looking forward to see how this pans out with your ideas.

Arran cheers for the link!

# 23 26-06-2007 , 04:52 PM

Originally posted by tweetytunes

when are you going to grace us with your entries here at the challenge table. - we not seen you since you won

I know, I know - I just haven't had the time recently - I got married, have been trying to put together my immigration application and looking after a very sick pet - it's a shame as this challenge looks great - i'd love to make a ninja! - I'm definitely going to enter a challenge soon though, so watch out!

# 24 08-07-2007 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
super impressed, you do it from a tut??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 25 08-07-2007 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mirek03
super impressed, you do it from a tut??

No

Last edited by tweetytunes; 08-07-2007 at 12:00 PM.
# 26 08-07-2007 , 12:06 PM
Any progress on this mate?? was looking like you were on a roll.

# 27 08-07-2007 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
been stuck in a rut lately - not felt like touching maya (which is a problem as its my job) and been feeling ill.
Been kicking back and playing some video games (god of war 1 & 2, tomb raider Anv, onimusha 1,2,3 and now starting 4) and finally did some work done yesterday and will probably get some done tonight. It nothing to do with the challenge its just sitting in front of a computer 24/7.

Also had a spat with mirek03 on here the other week over in his w.i.p
(hence his one line wonder a few posts up)
Jay had to delete a load of posts so I`ve been keeping low profile to let the dust settle down (as I blown my top a little) but seems he can`t let go.

# 28 09-07-2007 , 07:39 AM
Shame that mate.

I use maya pretty much every day and sometimes my "dedication" drops a bit, one of the reasons I find Z brush such fun as its completly different. But i'm up to my eyes in data and formulas at the moment so it gives me time away from it.

Hope you get back on track soon man.

# 29 09-07-2007 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
thx dude

I love what zbrush can do but I just hate the interface. I just got the 2 new digital tutors videos for zbrush 3 and may give it ago once my boss get zbrush 3 in (week or so). Its some thing I wish this site covered a bit more off - other programs - not just zbrush but ones like mudbox, syflex, shave and haircut - and texturing classes just in photoshop would be a god send (paint different things like face textures [photoreal and cartoon like], clothing, weapons).

I hate that I have to go else were for these. I know that some of the tutorials here cover some texturing but if you don`t have the model you can`t really follow along. forcing you to really get the lot and start modeling from scratch. - which to be fair I already know how. If I`m wrong plz point me out some

Got a clear weekend ahead of me (apart from food shopping)and think I`ll get cracking as I`m running out of games to play (although been picking up some more cheap ones of ebay). really want the ninja out the way so I can start on a new model - the movie pirate

# 30 11-07-2007 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
lets dust of the cob webs ...

well leaving the ninja for the mo as I`m not sure if the legs will be in shot and not really in the mood to tweak hands so started the pirate part.

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/neils...a/ninja3_1.jpg

this is just the upper body. again not sure yet if the legs are needed but the arms and head will be. not a lot of definition but this will be covered by a t - shirt. he is also going to be young (14 - 16 years old) as it shows the ruffness of the ninja and F.A.C.T company.

Also want to post a early W.I.P pics as I want to make clear I am making this from scratch and not from the model I used as ref for the ninja