Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-07-2007 , 04:41 PM

Texture troubles

Okay, this is killing me. :headbang:

I'm creating a 3D model of an old historical building here. For the basic shape of the building, I started with a polygon cube--I just split faces, dragged edges, etc. . . . until I had the shape I wanted. Windows and doorways were created using boolean > difference.

Now I'm trying to apply some textures, and I'm in trouble.

As you can see in the image, the face I've applied the brick texture to is showing all sorts of distortions (presumably from the way I modeled it). It's a single "flat" face, in theory, but it's tiling the texture as if the surface is all stretched and distorted.

Am I screwed? What can I do to make this face "flat" and undistorted when texturing it?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-07-2007 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
go under the uv texture editer and then move the points intill it works...

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 3 21-07-2007 , 06:07 PM
Acid44
you could just planar map the faces on that side of the house and apply a tile able texture to ituser added image

# 4 15-10-2007 , 12:31 AM
Sorry, I have to resurrect this thread. I never figured it out and I'm just now coming back to it.

Again--as it is--the texture is applied directly to the surface pane you see. Is there a way to project it so that it doesn't show the distortions created during modeling?

Acid's suggestion sounds promising, but I could use a little more guidance and Maya Help isn't helping because I don't know enough about what I'm looking for.

Could I talk someone into giving me a little more direction?