Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 20-02-2011 , 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah they're hard to kill, I got my head lopped off a few times lol but $100+ dollars!? Yikes that's highway robbery. CoDMW2 I watched the hubby play and it was kinda like watching a movie, it really was a short game.

- Genny
# 17 20-02-2011 , 07:19 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

I loved 1, 2, remake of 1 and 4

5 was OK, but gone to far from the roots and was made for the COD gen of players and felt more gears of war than rezzy- Dont get me wrong it was OK just not a horror game. not loving super human Wesker.

zero = more of the same as remake of 1 - duel character stuff was sometimes too much and dull.

hate the gun games and outbreaks and 3 was pants Big guy shouting "Star`s" "Star`s" for hours = boring

Code X never played even though I have it on the game cube for about 7 years now.

But I still think there has been a very small market of zombie games - love zombies

And no Plants vs Zombies don`t count

hey no one liked silent hill and i kinda liked nightmare creatures and my favourite was resident evil 4 and 5 they were just plain fun

games like CoD i feel are the main reasons games are getting shorter and shorter

Last edited by murambi; 20-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.
# 18 20-02-2011 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

hey no one liked silent hill and i kinda liked nightmare creatures and my favourite was resident evil 4 and 5 they were just plain fun

games like CoD i feel are the main reasons games are getting shorter and shorter

Again they are not Zombie games - nightmare creatures was cool - but rubbish controls - gutted when they scrapped the second one back in the day. I hear Silent hill going back to there 1+2 roots for the next one - holds breath to see if they ever do, but after the disappointing sales for Alan Wake (5* game there) lets hope if they do - its sells.

# 19 20-02-2011 , 09:59 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hmmmmmmmm felt like Alan Wake was a next gen upgrade of Fatal frame only instead of a camera its a torch

# 20 20-02-2011 , 11:10 PM
Lifetime Member
I have to say I thought Silent Hill was crap...and yes the controls were really bad. I think it was a good premise but failed at the post.

Yeh Gen I hear you...CODMW2 was too short...and to give tweety the shits COD arent so good BUT CODWAW was f*****g AWESOME game mate...the graffs etc were brillianr...especially the parts with night fighting etc...sorry mate but hey horses for courses. I havent got the latest MOH yeh...but I hear it isnt too bad?

Yeh Gen...average of $100 per game...some have topped the $110 mark..and yes it is robbery..which is why I dont buy games very often and CODMW2 the kids bought me...well they got told NOT to buy Dad games...5-6 hours for 100 bucks is bulldust IMO.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 21 21-02-2011 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
This trailor looked amazing but i have a sinking feeling that Australias going to lay down the Ban Hammer again and deprive us of this (potentialy) great game...

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 22 21-02-2011 , 04:08 AM
EduSciVis-er
Well I rarely play serious video games, never had a console in my life, but I'm a big fan of the HL series, and I'd really like them to get a move on Ep3... yeah, not really related, but I was feeling left out. user added image

# 23 21-02-2011 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber
I thought that was all beening looked at this week - the whole 18+ - hopefully they sort it out at some point

Just been snooping around its website - seems like there will be multiple storys and open world. Lets hope not as cheesey as Dead Rising.

https://deadisland.deepsilver.com/deadisland.php

# 24 21-02-2011 , 12:35 PM
Lifetime Member
I really dont see how banning it because of a lack of rating category will stop people from buying it overseas anyway??? It will get into the country one way or the other...regardless of what they say. It does seem piss poor from my perspective to as an Aussie...with the amount of money we throw at the game industry (too much IMO) then all they do is reduce the industry here. Lets face it, if you are a parent and dont want your kids to play a game...well then you bloody dont. We arent all children and I think the decision should be up to us?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes