Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-06-2003 , 02:23 AM

fishes

helo, I want to make an animation of fishes with a curve flow particles , how can I achieve that fishes have the right aim direction with the direction of the particles, I think that is putting velocity atribute to aim direction but does strange movements....please heeelp!

...I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
# 2 06-06-2003 , 02:40 AM
do you make an instancer with an index attribute, what i know is you need to define first the attribute for your aim especially when you are using multi insttancing.

------------------------------------------------
our decisions-not the conditions of our lives
determine our destiny.
# 3 06-06-2003 , 11:58 AM

fishes

I have only one fish I put the velocity as aim direction and all goes good , the wrong thing is that when fish change direction does very fast like one frame is rotate 30 and the next rotate 60 theres no a soft line between diferences of direction, I hope I explain good because my english is not the best

...I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
# 4 07-06-2003 , 12:46 AM
Use acceleration and not velocity to change fishes' direction, at least if you're using particle expressions. This will solve your problem.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com