Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-01-2016 , 07:07 AM

Retopo Issue

Dear modelers,

Began my first real retopo in Maya. Brought in model from zbrush and everything was going fine until I moved the file from my home laptop to work box. Did a lot of things to try to get the model working again to no avail; both using same version Maya 2016. Would like to learn what has gone wrong and prefer not to have to start from backup file. Once you open the file you will see the strangeness going on (also evident from the pic). The basic problem is I can't select any new area's of the model. The procedure I was using was to make live the high topo model(crab_low_for_Retopo) and retopo over top; standard practice I understand. When I check normal directions they appear fine; although they don't look so. I might have turned on back faced culling at some point but am not certain.

Thanks in advance,

ps (Note the crab.zip file is actually .rar format)

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crab_Retopo.0016-02.0001.zip (822.0 KB, 207 views)
# 2 20-01-2016 , 11:15 AM
you can't select the model because the layer with the model is locked. and for the black faces - assign new shader to the model. don't change the attributes of the lambert1 shader ever. if you want to change anything - firstly create new shader. the lambert1 should always stay unchanged.