Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-05-2006 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber

lighting issue

i've got a scene..i modeled a basketball arena. i got a total of 20 spotlights. 16 of them are being used for lighting up the arena and 4 are for the scoreboard i have hanging off the ceiling. i have tried "used all lights' and also "use selected lights" and used selected doesn't activate all of the light only like half of them. so when i try rendering a video with the camera moving around it's not rendering correctly. is there a way to raise the limit of how many lights it needs to render?

# 2 26-05-2006 , 07:59 AM
maybe instead of raising the amount of lights you would think about raising the intensity of each light... it should cut down on your render time to have not as many lights... maybe 6 spotlights and a large area light instead? or an ambient light to cover most bases just to see how it looks?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 26-05-2006 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
ok i'll try that out... something else i'd like to know...how do i control what surfaces are affected by a light? i want to specify that a light only affects certain surfaces and nothing else.

# 4 27-05-2006 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
light linking controls what each ligh ligts -

its a little teadious - wen iin maya push F1 for help menu and search for light linking and u should find what u need to know

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973