Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-08-2006 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber

UV Question

Oooook....

i have a question.

I have two Maya Scene files. In the first one i have UV mapped the graveyard and the house from Haunted House.

The uv mapping for the graveyard is nice and clean but for the house it was messed up! So i decided to uv map the house again.

Now i have a problem. My new UV map for the house is in a different file!

Is it possible to transfer the uv mapping from the clean graveyard from the first file to the second maya scene file where my house is??? Would save a couple of time for uv mapping the graveyard and fence again.

Galadiel

# 2 16-08-2006 , 05:37 PM
Not sure if I understand the question... but could you not just copy the uv map and paste it into the correct file?

# 3 16-08-2006 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
Hi arran

yeeeeeeeeeeeeess that would be the easiest way. :headbang:

I test it in the afternoon.

# 4 17-08-2006 , 10:27 AM
Subscriber
i got it!

Imported the first file with all the objects i need for the graveyard into the second file.

and......done! Hehe...so easy :blush: ....thank you arran for the tip! user added image

Galadiel