Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-01-2007 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber

Tweetytunes jan/feb challenge entry (nudity warning)

------------------------------------- edit ---------------------------
due to some concrens over my original model, i started again. the images from the frist adtempt have been removed. images of new model start on page 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------

well been loving the entries so far so its time to unvail mine.

A few may remember that this time last year I lost everything to a house fire. If that was not bad enuff my final project for uni also went up in smoke (If i don`t laught I`ll cry)user added image .

The project was going to be "the story of medusa" but I scrapped it after the fire and made office ghouls instead. (thinking about it I`m glad that one got scrapped that would have been very hard work).

So for this challange I going back to Medusa. I`m going for a bust for now but may turn it into a full statue if I get time. Maybe the the first time I use zbrush to get something done aswell.

Not the best of starts as when I opened it up this morning the face had disapeared so made to remake that but I`m liking the projess so far. She will have some cloths on at some point - promise. The pose I`m after is that of her getting ready to fire a arrow from a bow.

Not looking forward to all the snakes on the head

arrrrrr

Let me know what you think....

Last edited by tweetytunes; 05-01-2007 at 11:03 PM.
# 2 02-01-2007 , 07:59 PM
Looks good so far, looking at it quickley the one thing that "pops" out to me is the hand, especially the thumb, it looks out of proportion and a bit akward at the moment, as well as the arm pose muscles.

Once you get the basic shape a Z pass would really bring out the detials!

For the snakes, you could make 2-3 different ones then duplicate then use a lattice deformer to move them into postion (as as long as they are intersecting the main Geo it should be fine (reading the requirements)

Nice going so far, I need to get some ideas beforeI give this one a go.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-01-2007 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
thx 4 the words.

i think the thumbs scale was fine, just the angle was a little off and the screen grabs where not the best to show off the hand. the arm has had alot of tweaks today, and think this new pose looks alot better. also finnished fixing the face and added the other another arm.

time for some snakes

Last edited by tweetytunes; 03-01-2007 at 03:37 PM.
# 4 02-01-2007 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
everyone's starting from scratch.
concept to finish

# 5 02-01-2007 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
This was made using the make human Program yes?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 6 03-01-2007 , 12:55 AM
I think it's really great, i really enjoyed watching the pics, are u planning on doing the legs too? if not i would change the torso angle a bit, she looks a bit like she is twisted, but however i really think it's great, hoping too see more updates

M!G0nS@
# 7 03-01-2007 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by vladimirjp
everyone's starting from scratch.
concept to finish

dude I have started from scratch aswell apart from the hands and the ears. Got them from my morge cd ( a collection of body parts i put together from different projects over the years).

if thats against the rules then plz let me know and I`ll remake them.

nothing from my uni project made it out the fire.

Originally posted by Some Guy

no I use Maya, sometimes Max but will try and get round to using zbrush on this one as I have had some training on it, but not alot.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 03-01-2007 at 02:19 AM.
# 8 03-01-2007 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Some Guy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no I use Maya, sometimes Max but will try and get round to using zbrush on this one as I have had some training on it, but not alot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure????

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 9 03-01-2007 , 05:29 AM
wow nice work, cant wait to see how the snake turn out

# 10 03-01-2007 , 09:57 AM
If shes shooting a bow, from that pose she's going to take her shoulderblade off with the string.

The muscles are looking a lot better.

# 11 03-01-2007 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
If shes shooting a bow, from that pose she's going to take her shoulderblade off with the string.

The muscles are looking a lot better.

no she`s pulling an arrow from a case from her back getting ready to fire the arrow

# 12 03-01-2007 , 10:08 AM
ahh,

# 13 03-01-2007 , 02:47 PM
Hey tweetytunes - I think that everything has to be made within the timeframe of the challenge, though to be fair, I didn't see Mike mention that rule within the guidelines this time around.

Nonetheless, this is a great looking model so far - the expression in the face is great. A couple of small things that stand out at the moment is the nose which just looks a little thick at the top (though I can see that you've softened it up a bit from the pointed nose earlier) and also that the model is looking just a touch top heavy - I think you might want to pull the outstretched arm into the body just a touch. This is going to look cool once you get all of the snakes going on.

Any chance of a wireframe?

# 14 03-01-2007 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Yer seem to be rubbing some people up the wrong way with me using some saved body parts so going to start again from scratch. That why no one can complain. Same idea , same type of pose, new model.

removed images

# 15 03-01-2007 , 06:59 PM
Hey tweetytunes - I am sure that anything that you made during the start of this challenge is fine.