Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 26-06-2003 , 05:13 AM
Lol Thanks Vectorman.
I´m not using Maya as of now, since that new computer won´t arrive till some time now. Which is why meanwhile I´ll just have to keep on drawing. As per the battle WE WILL have it. Not soon though, you´re free to battle some other dudes. user added image

Talking of the drawings, they are being made, I just haven´t had the chance to scan them. I´ll post a whole bunch of those next monday.

# 32 26-06-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
Adl, you truly hit it right on the money when it comes to organic drawing and fluid cloth. Great job user added image. You are a very talented artist. Also, did you design that little critter you have in your avatar? Its pretty coool!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 33 26-06-2003 , 11:25 PM
Great work adl. Are you a natural drawer, or have you learned alot through school/practice?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 34 27-06-2003 , 01:15 AM
Hehehe M, thanks for the kind words mate.
The critter itself was designed by me. user added image

I´m making a whole bunch of those for the avatars around this place, hope some will use them. The devil one´s still mine, although I can predict pretty much that the Terminator one will be a top seller. user added image

@ z1mmnd14, I learned throught practice mate. Truth to be told all of us have a great drawer inside, it´s just matter of waking the little guy up.

# 35 11-07-2003 , 05:03 AM
good work ADL those are cool drawings user added image and im with ya man practice makes perfection user added image keep it up dude user added image

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 36 11-07-2003 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
man i never realised your signature on your work. at first i was saying... how pointless is that, its not even visible! But now it makes more sence user added image. I guess you want your work to be signed, but not taking away from the work itself?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 37 21-07-2003 , 08:38 PM
>> Had no idea adl could draw <<
I love what you have done here adl, you have a very accurate drawing technique. Im just getting really into using different traditional media, i dont know about you guys but i find charcoal alot of fun to work with.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 38 25-09-2003 , 06:30 AM
wow..i never knew you could draw like this...hmmm
wait till i download my scanner drivers...hehe user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 39 11-10-2003 , 01:17 PM

Wow

Really good work there adl!
I'll have to go back to the... drawing board won't I...

what size is the iguana drawn at?

Plex

# 40 11-10-2003 , 05:06 PM
Somewhat larger than letter. user added image

# 41 12-10-2003 , 08:57 AM

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 42 15-10-2003 , 08:38 PM

Last edited by vedic kings; 15-10-2003 at 08:45 PM.
# 43 15-10-2003 , 09:28 PM
Nice work. Your style reminds me of my old style when I used to draw based on comic book characters. Hmmm. Artist JIM LEE come to mind>? Hehe. Good job. I should draw something in contrast that old style of mine. See how it goes.

The way you put your signature on the drawings too.very comic style its dope.hehehehehe

Those drawings you can really use in your Maya..I cant wait to see your drawings come to life in Maya....And I DONT KNOW why YOU are the only one who has Maya where live...Where do you live btw?

# 44 15-10-2003 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber
Nice drawings there- great coloring!

# 45 15-10-2003 , 10:08 PM
yeah!

i guess you really like Soul Reaver ay? user added image