Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-02-2008 , 05:43 PM

maya2008 ViewCube

hi everybody!

I am testing maya2008 right now. does anybody know how to make the viewCube transform the modelPanel from perspView to top/right/left... into a orthographic view and not a prespective view from front?
because this is really annoying and I could not find any options to alter this behavior.

tia!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 02-02-2008 , 05:55 PM
now this is really sad! one of maya´s best interaction features introduced in maya8 had been removed... and replaced by the viewCube - which is kind of neat but totally unnecessary without the shift from perspective to orthographic.

this is really really sad!

:headbang:

# 3 02-02-2008 , 06:55 PM
Lifetime Member
Don't be lazy and press the spacebar ..lol

To be honest I turn the viewcube off, I see no use for it what so ever aprt from getting those orthographic views that are not default like bottom or back.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 03-02-2008 , 03:54 PM
hehe! yes, i know. but from a modeller´s point of view it is really a regress. since the same procedure takes multiple times more now and i use this navigation tool a lot really!

I´ll stick to maya8.5 unless it really makes sense to upgrade.