Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-05-2003 , 12:38 AM

Walk Cycles...

Hey, Whats up everybody! I'm new here and hope to make my interaction with the forum ongoing. I'm pretty much new to animating in maya and animation in general. These here are walk cycles for two low poly characters I am currently animating for a short excercise( about 30 sec). Crits and comments are always welcomed. Thanksuser added image

CyclopsWalk.mov(224kb)

DinoWalk.mov(188kb)

Let's 3D!!!
# 2 12-05-2003 , 01:41 AM
3rdDimension

Nice stuff mate..

For the Cyclops walk, all I would say is maybe give him a bit more rotation in the shoulders, they seem not to have much movment as the rest.

Other than that real nice.. love the toon shading..

Dino, is nice as well the only thing that might want to think of is what you are trying to show. A more cartoon look or realistic look. If your going for cartoon look its great.. If your going for a more realistic look you might want to tone down the head movements a bit as well as the arm movement. In real life the dino would not move his head and arm as much.

Great stuff

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 12-05-2003 , 08:47 AM
Thanks for the commentuser added image. As for the Dino walk, I was going for a more cartoony up beat energetic walk that would show he is very playful and cheery.user added image

p.s. Hey Kurt you do know I'm the same 3rdDimension helping you guy's out on Trial Of Hero'suser added image

Let's 3D!!!

Last edited by 3rdDimension; 12-05-2003 at 08:49 AM.
# 4 12-05-2003 , 08:52 AM
Trial of Heroe´s?

<adldesigner DEMANDS an explanation> user added image

# 5 12-05-2003 , 12:54 PM
hehe Adl,, hehe sorry mate can't get into it to much =) wink wink nug nug....

3rdDimension

thought that might be you, just wasn't sure heheh...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 13-05-2003 at 02:28 AM.
# 6 13-05-2003 , 10:59 PM
walk cycles came out real gooduser added image

mannnn

# 7 21-05-2003 , 05:46 PM
Looks real good! Just one little thing. The Cyclops weight seems to come down to soon. Maybe put the highpoint closer to the contactframe to show the leg taking the weight?

# 8 26-05-2003 , 04:52 AM

------------------------------------------------
our decisions-not the conditions of our lives
determine our destiny.
# 9 26-05-2003 , 10:22 PM