Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 19-03-2005 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
heh... you see, the thing is... well the mesh is pretty bad right now. So, I'm still trying to clean it up. But, yeah I definitely need to work on the eye sockets. user added image

Not to mention the eyeballs are just spheres with a ramp shader. I'll have to go back in a build them, but that shouldn't be too hard.

As for the ears, the character thankfully doesn't have any.

This WIP will probably be along time going, the challenge is to learn in the process after all.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 17 19-03-2005 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
Having been drawn by several different artists over the last 40 years, the Thing has numerous "looks" but this should give a general idea of his features. The diplacement would be to give the plated stone edges. Obviously I've take some liberties and given the 3D version my own spin as well.

Attached Images

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 18 19-03-2005 , 10:19 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Dude
Cool, I didnt know about the ears not being there, so my fault, should be a bit more observant.

Later

_J