Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 02-03-2005 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
thanks man! i will try that tomorrow and see if it works. looks like i found myself a private tutor here user added image i appreciate your time man.
thanks,

tiz

# 17 03-03-2005 , 07:41 AM
Subscriber

yep

sjurick, it worked! i guess it had something to do with the nonmanifold geometry, but i'm not sure. when you create polygon text in maya, it creates a flat text. extruding creates 3d text. when i deleted the faces on top and on the bottom of the 3d text, boolean difference was not a problem anymore. i am not sure if extruded text is nonmanifold geometry, but it certainly pointed me in the right direction. thanks!

tiz

# 18 03-03-2005 , 10:23 AM
Subscriber
My pleasure. Glad to see that something finally worked. Actually if you deleted the faces on the text on top and bottom, leaving just the extruded "walls" of the text, I hadn't thought of that so I learned something new too user added image

Keep up the great work on this model and send some more posts when you get further along.

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown