Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 15-06-2011 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
Gold? ..silver. For the horror challenge? I dont know. It got mentioned I think at the time there was talk of doing away with the medals...before the site update.

# 77 16-06-2011 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
the texturing on the tusks looks stretched

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 78 16-06-2011 , 09:29 AM
The thin red line
You got Gold Ben didnt you, drop David a line should fix that, No stretching Chirone just my pore texturing have done a projection from a real tusk just needs the spec to be fixed will do that in photoshop.......dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 79 16-06-2011 , 10:30 AM
Subscriber
S2 speedy took the gold. Yeah...may give dave a shout later.

# 80 16-06-2011 , 12:29 PM
The Nurb Herd
its hard to tell too much with the screenshots, but you can see where the reference breaks down. the trunk looks smooth and lacks the sharpness of the ears. If i'm honest i think it looks a bit like leather.
The tusks are working, and the nails on the foot nearest the camera are looking quite good. perhaps just a little out of scale... maybe the resolution is too low?
Two thing that annoy me are the pose and the proportions of the model. the legs would probably just break under the weight of the head and body.

btw, isn't that a bronze medal dave? (not the one you have as your avatar picture)

# 81 16-06-2011 , 07:10 PM
The thin red line
Thanks Dom
Slowly fixing the nose texture, have widend the legs the pose will be adjusted in the end only one side need adjusting...........dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 82 18-06-2011 , 09:17 PM
The thin red line
Started on the men in mudbox still learning as I go along............dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 83 24-06-2011 , 09:22 PM
The thin red line
Fighting with mudbox to much(I think its me) LOL. Will try to finish?................dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 84 24-06-2011 , 09:34 PM
Subscriber
How do you mean fighting with it?

# 85 24-06-2011 , 09:47 PM
The thin red line
I think I have a graphics card issue thats not helped plus UV need better spacing, this is my third model in mudbox, Like any software there is a learning curve just have to sort it out for me..........dave

# 86 25-06-2011 , 03:47 AM
His legs are too short, by the way- not sure how relevant that may be. Looks good otherwise!

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 87 26-06-2011 , 04:38 PM
Very cool to see your work and progress! I learn just reading through your posts (Thank you :-) ! ). I wish I spent more time working with Mudbox, and I really like the results you're getting. I'm guessing everyone has already seen Sculptris (and not that you need another app to learn 8-D ), but it's free & it's latest version is pretty fun to mess with.

One of the most common items I've heard with Mudbox is, -graphic card issues. Although I've been using it with a GeForce GTX 285 card, and so far it's done really well. Jeff Patton has decided to try out the mega GPU approach; Quadro 6000 with the Tesla C2070 GPUs. Jeff Patton has / was using a very impressive more CPU based system, with Vray. Now it sounds like he really likes the iray and the GPU path, "After I finished my first full Mercedes Benz project with the new NVIDIA setup, I was stunned. Rendering out the images at 6K in the past took me about an hour per image using the CPU. With iray and Quadro, I was able to knock that down to eight minutes — EIGHT minutes!..."
Of course, when you don't have thousands and thousands of dollars to throw at a new set-up like that, the Radeon cards still look great 8^) , /video card tangent.

More power to you Dave!

# 88 26-06-2011 , 05:21 PM
The thin red line
Your most likely right joopson the scale was of the 25mm model so will leave as that plus the fact when he on top of the elephant you will not see his legsuser added image
Thanks Josh Im still learning mudbox, at the moment I can sculpt better in zbrush but hope to change that, Yes my system is running slow with mudbox need another graphics card at the mo with a gt 320 with I got with the system
Started on the driver not as good doing cloth in mud hope to get better(hair that colour so I can see it).............dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 89 28-06-2011 , 09:50 PM
The thin red line
Not sure if I will finish but will try my best.............dave

Edit:this is in maya

Attached Thumbnails

# 90 28-06-2011 , 09:55 PM
I certainly can sympathize with that :-) ! But your effort, and the amount of time and work -not to forget awesome talent and skill- has been OUTSTANDING!!