Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-04-2005 , 11:39 PM

Little Girl Head

user added image
user added image

low poly head converted to sub-d. Plz help me!

i want to put in eyebrows, hair, eyelashes.. but not using texture only. I want to use paintfx tool in Maya, but most tutorial for hair on head.

any good advice on doing eyebrows would be very very appreciated.

Thank u.

im working on 2 other heads simultaneously but i want to put hair on this one first.

p.s. need job so much i think im going to crap out tears from my ass.

Last edited by bubbleme80; 24-04-2005 at 07:59 AM.
# 2 29-04-2005 , 02:25 PM
user added image

ok, i got the color and bumps.

for specularity map... i understand the map will determine which area will be glossy and which area wont..

but there are 2 spec thingies.. Roll off and Color. Which of them do i make? To make a map that does "white paint = glossier"

thx

# 3 01-05-2005 , 01:22 PM
user added image

spec map, and very little refine done near mouth. plz give me suggestion.

i will move on to ears and neck.

i need critique on all facial features (except ears), and about color, bump, specularity maps.

the side of the nose look too bright. i know that the nose is usually shiny. What would be good way to fix this? through editing specular map? adding diffuse map? or is this because my lighting sux?

thx

# 4 02-05-2005 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
I don't have a whole lot of answers for your questions because some of them I don't know and others are matters of oppinion.

I like the start of what I see and I think you have to ask yourself these very same questions above and make those hard decissions because that's where you are at. What do you want it to look like?

First, general rule of thumb. Do not UV and texture anything until you're happy with the model. Finish the model first.
If this is a test to see what it might look like and to get a better understanding, then be prepared to redo the UV's.

When painting maps it's handy to know how Maya treats black and white. White is opaque, black is transparent. Then you have the whole grey spectrum inbetween to play with. You might want to change to shader from a blinn to a lambert and let the speccularity map, and lights, do the highlights for you.

For instance, the tip of the nose is bright and a little shiny while the side of the nose are more in the shadows.

Keep up the good work.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 02-05-2005 at 05:13 AM.
# 5 02-05-2005 , 04:06 AM
Ah thx for the reply.

i wish not to do UV mapping over again, so i guess.. i won't really mess w/ the model much other than some refines.

i will try the lambert skin. thanx!