Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-02-2003 , 02:25 AM
Simply Maya OG

Extruding Faces: Maya Freezing

When I extruding certian faces, Maya just freezes up on me. Im running a AMD K6-2 500 with 256MB of RAM. I know its not the fastest computer, or something I should be running Maya on, but I only do simple things. Nothing too complex for me. This all started happening when I made new shelfs. But I dont think the shelfs would make Maya do that. Any suggestions?

- Hybrid
# 2 19-02-2003 , 05:05 AM
Try deleting the history on the object before extruding the faces. Edit > Delete by Type > History.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 19-02-2003 , 05:32 PM
Simply Maya OG
Nope, no go danny user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 19-02-2003 , 05:46 PM
Can you post a link to the Maya scene file so I can check it out?

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 19-02-2003 , 06:38 PM
The Maya Mountain
Check to make sure your extrude face options are set for only 1 subdivision.. if it's got a whole bunch, I could understand it freezing. I wouldn't think that'd happen without your knowing, though.

# 6 19-02-2003 , 06:59 PM
Simply Maya OG
mtmckinley: the subdivisions are set to 1 already. Ive never changed them before. But I did double check it tho.

danny: heres the scene. Im working on the Joan of Arc tutorial from over at 3DTotal.com.

I dont think it has anything to do with the scene, I just think my video card is dieing on me. I have a NVidia Riva TNT 2 Model 64(if that helps any).

- Hybrid