Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 29-03-2003 , 11:12 AM
Kevin
couple of days left! get finishing guys

# 17 30-03-2003 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
yep kev !! i think i ll finish my robot tomorrow (monday March,31)
It' s a very good challenge i m so impatient to see the winners because there is a lot of entries !!
i can t wait to see the next challenge subject !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and....... GOOD LUCK ALL !!

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 18 31-03-2003 , 08:32 AM
Yes good luck to everyone! user added image GREAT job this month guys all the entries have been really good and the competition is tuff and tight! VERY close!!! user added image
And just remember that if I don't win I do have 3 Gundams and I'm not afraid to use them! user added image LOL!!!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 19 31-03-2003 , 08:51 AM
Kevin
M will be deciding the winner today... so finish up quick!

Sorry about the pictures not showing on the showcase...we are doing some work atm, but hope it will be done soon

# 20 31-03-2003 , 09:19 AM
At what time GMT?

# 21 31-03-2003 , 10:12 AM
Kevin
not sure ...but very soon so get it done, could be any time today

# 22 31-03-2003 , 10:16 AM
I'm going to follow the rules then...

"7. Finish by last day of month midnight at latest (10 o'clock my time)"

So by midnight I will post my final render

# 23 31-03-2003 , 10:19 AM
Kevin
thats it user added image

# 24 31-03-2003 , 04:49 PM
Kevin
guys please note that we simply cannot watch the site 24 / 7

so the shutoff time for the comp will be sometime today... well basically when M feels the need. Try to get your challenges in and complete the day before to stop confussion

# 25 31-03-2003 , 04:54 PM
Kevin
edit...we will go as near to the time as possible but have many things to do so "GET A MOVE ON" user added image

# 26 01-04-2003 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
Hey, seeing the large variety of timezones, just this time im going to give some of you some slack. I will announce when the competition is CLOSED. Starting now I am putting on a timer for 4 hours. Sorry but if its not in by then, then thats it. Sorry for the showcase guys, i know its not working right. Hopefully it will be back up during the next competition user added image. I will manually go through the competators in normal and noobie class, and choose the winners after that 4 hour period. Please make it clear which render is your final.

Starting next month, the final will be the end of the day in YOUR timezone. The only reason this works is someone from my timezone can get started early on the competition, when someone like kevin in his timezone will only have maybe 1 hour left in that day to work on it. This way everyone has the exact ammount of time from when it starts to when it ends.

Once i choose the winners, i will run them by kevin and then post the next day the winners user added image. BTW, the new competition will be starting as of tommorow! The topic this time will be a surprise user added image. Woohoo, new comp!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 01-04-2003 at 02:24 AM.
# 27 01-04-2003 , 02:30 AM

Originally posted by M
Hey, seeing the large variety of timezones, just this time im going to give some of you some slack. I will announce when the competition is CLOSED. Starting now I am putting on a timer for 4 hours. Sorry but if its not in by then, then thats it. Sorry for the showcase guys, i know its not working right. Hopefully it will be back up during the next competition user added image. I will manually go through the competators in normal and noobie class, and choose the winners after that 4 hour period. Please make it clear which render is your final.

Starting next month, the final will be the end of the day in YOUR timezone. The only reason this works is someone from my timezone can get started early on the competition, when someone like kevin in his timezone will only have maybe 1 hour left in that day to work on it. This way everyone has the exact ammount of time from when it starts to when it ends.

Please check link in my sig.
Will help us with this whole Timezones problem.

# 28 01-04-2003 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
heh, funny you should say that adl, i thought the same thing just a day ago. New plans though as of next competition user added image. Thanks man.

# 29 01-04-2003 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber
Ok, sorry for all the timezone problems on this competition. There were mixed words flying around like, has to be done at 12 kevins time, or 12 my time, or things like that. It was clearly stated 4 hours ago that i would end this in 4 hours. Thats now. So thankyou all for competing and im glad that lots of you were able to get your final render in, and wow.. what a lot of work to judge! It has all been wonderful! So the competition is closed and i will be announcing the winners in a little while user added image. Thanks again, and the next challenge will be started up tommorow morning, or afternoon (depends if i have the time in the morning) I may start the next competition tonight. Ok, cya.

# 30 01-04-2003 , 07:01 AM
A surprise huu? No voting? Ok. I hope its one i can get behind. NOthing like 'realisum' i hope. I trust you M.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!