Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 151 26-03-2003 , 03:39 AM
Thanks guys!
I do have some more tweaking to do cause I'm not very goot at texturing in Maya and not good at lighting at all so this has deffinately been quite the learning experience for me! I'm using GI Joe and learned quite abit about it as well what a lot of the settings do and such! I feel that this pic. is close to what I have in my mind but at the same time off! But not by much! Know what I mean guys?!?! Close but not what is in your head! Anyways I got the sparks back and they actually came out better I think! Not so many of them and not so dense and clustered! Again I have know idea how I did it! :p And as for smoke I'm gonna start playing with that next cause it needs some! Coming not just from the fires but the plane falling from the sky needs a big "I'm about to pound into the ground" smoke trail behind it! Anyways here's the pic and PLZ keep the ideas and comments coming cause I'm starting to lose my mind! user added image Later mates!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 152 26-03-2003 , 04:27 AM
Subscriber
yeah thats it . the cinders in some smoke in the sky will be cool.

# 153 26-03-2003 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
aah ive been gone for too long, but then again i get to see this almost complete! Great job. The model is superb and the whole scene altogether is just great! One thing i would do though, is make it almost nighttime, right after sunset but not completely dark (the sky behind) or add smoke infront of the whole scene for that enviromental feeling. The scene so far is great, i dont see anything i would change, just the sky and basically time and condition of the day look off to me. Overall though, keep it up and i cant wait to see this final render user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 154 26-03-2003 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber
oooh, and maybe for another render, you could have him looking in the camera with a panoramic type render size, and zoomed in a bit more so that you can see him looking at you from the right hand side of the pic, and his arm fully extended to the left side of the picture and then like that destruction scene in the background user added image. Just a idea that i think would look cool. (with his head tilted a bit down to give that frowning look user added image)

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 155 26-03-2003 , 10:25 AM
YEAH!!! Welcome back mate!!! user added image Thanks for the comments and Ideas I like! I'll play with that tomorrow! Till then didn't do anything to the scene tonight just kinda fixing my Gundams in general, rigging and did some SDK to make my life easier in the future! It was getting to be too much of a pain to pose them and I learned more about rigging and SDK and it works a lot better! Anyways will try that tomorrow! Later! Great to have ya back M! Later!

# 156 26-03-2003 , 11:14 AM
Subscriber
now I will show my noobieness.. SDK?

have to talk with you latter about rigging for robots..
not so sure I will have time to rig mine though. all the aim constraints on the neak hidrolics will be a drag.. but neet.

Oh yeah could you have that blimp up just a little higher in the last render ? I think it would be neet having it just above that spike, like it was going to get poped. LOL

# 157 27-03-2003 , 01:27 AM
SDK means Set Driven Keys! I learned about it through one of Mikes tuts on his site and I believe it is posted here at SM! It is a way of saying that by moving this object a certain way of to a certain place will cause another object to move, rotate, scale anything really! I have it rigged on my gundams hands that if I move the locator down the Y it will cause the first joint to rotate and then I set it up so that the second joint will rotate when the first does and same with the last joint! This way I have a fluid gripping/fist making pose. I hope that made sence and also if I'm going at this rigging thing the wrong way... Someone let me know!!!!!! I always see peoples rigging and they have locators that are used to move joints cause it is hard to get to joints sometimes and BELIEVE me!!! My gundams are no exception! it got to be a pain to pose these guys if the angle wasn't right! Anyways I'll have updates tonight! And Mike or Kevin if you see this post please let me know if I'm going at rigging the right way cause I'm poor and can't afford the VIP points to download the VIP tut about Advanced Rigging! user added image Later and thanks in advance!

# 158 27-03-2003 , 01:53 AM
Subscriber
oh yeah ok. SDK got it. yeah aparintly it is hard. I'v see some things on the web about using a second skeleton that is outside the body. or custom locater objects that are placed out side. to help accecabitly. havent done it yet though.

# 159 27-03-2003 , 04:11 AM
yeah it can be time consuming... took me a long time! But here's a playblast showing you what I mean and how it works!

# 160 27-03-2003 , 04:14 AM
Subscriber
That looks good. Looks like you definitely put some work into it.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 161 27-03-2003 , 04:17 AM
Subscriber
Yeah that is cool.

# 162 27-03-2003 , 05:01 AM
Oh yeah about my question on rigging. Aplies to everyone really that can let me know if I'm going at it right. Thanks!

# 163 27-03-2003 , 08:05 AM
Okay here we go darkened it up and I feel it really brought more atmosphere to the scene! Let me know what you think!

# 164 27-03-2003 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
YES thanks for the blimp move.. hahahaaa... looks good..

# 165 27-03-2003 , 08:27 AM
No problem! Started to play with some smoke ideas. LOTS of tweaking still let me know if you have ideas though!