Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-12-2004 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber

makers of Matrix and Terminator sued ! and she won !

# 2 05-12-2004 , 07:20 AM
I'm sueing pony, cause I came up with the idea of starting threads. Get your checkbook ready. If that falls through I'm sueing you for wearing the same shoes as me. :chinese:

# 3 05-12-2004 , 07:59 AM
Subscriber

# 4 05-12-2004 , 01:42 PM
I will sue you all for suing each other cause it was a concept i obviously developed earlier than u all!

w1llsueU2!

stupidity is so contagious...

# 5 05-12-2004 , 07:52 PM
Shortening words is a sue'able offence, you'll get your court letter in the mail, I'll see you on wednesday. Oh, and was that "breathing" I heard..... ooooh, you're gonna cop it big time, hope you can morgage 7 houses. :bored:

# 6 06-12-2004 , 02:35 PM
Subscriber
Eh.... is this a joke?

Because if the article is true, she is right to sue them. Having your idea stolen sucks big time, even more so when you see people making a crap load of money from it.

Unfortunatly, I think this article is a prank. In the title they talk about the Terminator serie while there is no mention of it in the article and if the original script was just about a futuristic world controled by robots, well I dont think its 'suable'...

Anyways, this is ridiculous.

# 7 06-12-2004 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
The the Matrix fans on there forums don't think its a joke. There should be court doc's in the CA, court system for some one to go look at if they wish.

# 8 07-12-2004 , 05:40 AM
Hi guys,
The woman has it in the California court system as an attempt to sue, but has not won anything yet. Her claim is based on an 8 page story that she was smart enough to have copyrighted, but if you read the few pages that are online, the story similarity to Matrix and Terminator are far too obscure (in my opinion).

A lot of the way the story and media handling of her claim is very 'iffy', but she did allegedly send in a version of her story to the Wachowski's years back. That basis is why she is trying to sue for stolen material, as well as an alleged WB employee has said that the brothers were seen with this story in hand on set of the filming of the Matrix.

Does it mean anything? Not necessarily, her story and claim at this point seem to be about stolen use of her story, but that changed to then claiming she is responsible for the entire story of the Matrix trilogy... and going even further.. for the Terminator (and no basis for that one has been stated yet)..so take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

It did interest me as a story, as thats a pretty big claim, and if it was found to be won for her side....Wow, take about a large sum of money coming her way.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 9 07-12-2004 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber
You can get sued for anything nowadays... "OMG look his shoe is untied.... SUE SUE SUE!!!" Honestly I dont care if the Wachowski's did steal that womans story... All I care about is that the Matrix trilogy kicked ass!

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 10 07-12-2004 , 09:06 PM
My opinion they shoudl have stolen more of her stories. or called her in to brainstorm cause matrix 2 and 3 were garbage compared to 1.

# 11 07-12-2004 , 11:23 PM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
My opinion they shoudl have stolen more of her stories. or called her in to brainstorm cause matrix 2 and 3 were garbage compared to 1.

Agreed.

# 12 08-12-2004 , 08:18 PM
From what I read of her story it was a stretch to sue. It was another jesus type story. She should be sued for ripping of the bible. I see stuff like this and it is a joke. Ya, I would say I saw the script in the brothers hands too if you kick me down some cash. I hate plagerism a lot but being stupid like that is just as bad. It was shady if she sent it to them but the copyright grounds are very thin.

# 13 09-12-2004 , 08:49 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33

that's the understatement of the year... they were more than garbage. they were so unbelievably terrible i wish the bros were dead for making them. They ******** and if anyone says otherwise they're lying.

# 14 09-12-2004 , 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
that's the understatement of the year... they were more than garbage. they were so unbelievably terrible i wish the bros were dead for making them. They ******* and if anyone says otherwise they're lying.

We are all grown ups here. Do not hold anyhting back. Tells us how your really feel? hahauser added image

# 15 09-12-2004 , 09:15 PM
If they wait that long to make a sequel they are generally pretty bad. Terminator 3 anyone? I mean... they didnt even TRY and send an up-to-date model defender back to save him, they just sent the basic unit.. knowing the state of the art one was there... Thats just poor planning. Sending the same robot model that ends up killing you?