Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-04-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber

Tyre smoke

What would be the best/easiest way to make smoke come of a spinning tyre on a sports-car ?

-DX-
# 2 26-04-2003 , 05:41 PM
Ok, after trying it out, the best way I've been able to make a "burnout" type of effect is:

1. First, check this page in the Maya 4.5 docs:
C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya4.5\docs\en_US\html\UserG uide\Dynamics\Emitters14.html

2. Using a greyscale ramp to controll particle emition rate, you should be able to achive decent results in combination with AIR and TURBULENCE field connections.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 26-04-2003 , 07:23 PM
I used this pic as a reference as to where to place my air OR UNIFORM field (in "front" of the tyre, as if you were to place your hand on the top of the tyre, and move your hand direcly to the front of the car, but just before it would hit the weelwell.)
See pic for my illustration.

Then connect a turbulence field to it, and key the magnitude of the turbulence to increase as the wheel spins faster.
(you could use SDK (set-driven-keys) for that to make it more fluiduser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 4 26-04-2003 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
Rage, was that your car? user added image

-Emo

# 5 27-04-2003 , 05:53 AM
hehe... no, I found it onlineuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long