Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 01-10-2003 , 04:52 PM
you have alot more time than the 20 seconds an average base takes

# 47 01-10-2003 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
Oh no I was only joking that you don't have as much time as you think (and hope) when things go wrong!

# 48 01-10-2003 , 09:57 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Witchy
A lot less time than you think LOL.

I have always wanted to try a base jump. I have done quite a bit of jumping and have HALOed and that is one hell of an experience. But going to the other end of it in extreme terms is really appealing, in a weird way.

If you ever get round to it drop me a line o would love to do this.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 49 01-10-2003 , 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Witchy
A lot less time than you think LOL.

I have always wanted to try a base jump. I have done quite a bit of jumping and have HALOed and that is one hell of an experience. But going to the other end of it in extreme terms is really appealing, in a weird way.

user added image I want to Halo too! user added image

# 50 01-10-2003 , 10:09 PM
Join the Army, HALO for free. user added image

# 51 01-10-2003 , 11:42 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
Join the Army, HALO for free. user added image

Ya, it's the whole get up at 5:30am and get shot at bit that bothers me!

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 52 02-10-2003 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
And btw, Base Jumping is considered illegal everywhere, unless it's for a record or some crap like that

No, i know it's legal in one or two countries, New Zealand being one.

# 53 02-10-2003 , 09:50 PM

Originally posted by David
Ya, it's the whole get up at 5:30am and get shot at bit that bothers me!

David user added image

I agree. I prefer the "pay up sucker and halo expensively" one.
A shame it´s not available for the time being for me. :p

# 54 03-10-2003 , 10:46 AM

Originally posted by ckyuk
No, i know it's legal in one or two countries, New Zealand being one.

wow really? sweet man... suh-weet.

# 55 04-10-2003 , 01:36 AM
Did anybody else notice how he looks down at the flames on his chest without anything covering his face? LOL!

Kinda reminds me of the guy who held the live grenade at arms length and looked away so it didn't blow up in his face. :p

Well, I'll say this. You're either on your way to an exciting career in stunt work, or the local burn unit.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 56 04-10-2003 , 12:24 PM
dude the fire part i can pass it but the dancing one hahahahahaha it looked so silly user added image

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 57 04-10-2003 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber
Given the choice of Jumping out of a plane, or setting my self on fire. I would choose the fire anyday, but that's probably because i'm lazy.
Seems to me as if some teenagers get to a certain age and then have some sort of attraction to fire... I know I did !! and now that i'm much older and a little wiser, I wonder how I survived to get this bloody old!

Scraggy

# 58 04-10-2003 , 06:15 PM
I'd love to get involved in stunt work, it's been a dream of mine for a long time... however, where would you go to get involved in it?

# 59 05-10-2003 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
Me also. I think there are schools set up you can go to but i don't know how much they cost and you need to be on the register before you can do work (i think).

# 60 05-10-2003 , 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
I'd love to get involved in stunt work, it's been a dream of mine for a long time... however, where would you go to get involved in it?

Hollywood. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu