Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-08-2009 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber

flying moon

if you haven't wondered already i have some slight obsession with flying... just a slight one...

quickly whipped this up for something else then i thought it looked pretty cool to thought i'd share

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 24-08-2009 , 02:45 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Looks quite well, the only thing that put's a bit of for me is the harsh outline of the wings and there is nothing visible attaching the wings to the moon see image.
This is probably a quick whip up but maybe work a little bit on the details .
Like the color pallette by the way nice dreamy look and feel

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 24-08-2009 , 02:50 PM
The whole picture gives very nice atmosphere! user added image

# 4 24-08-2009 , 07:59 PM
Super Moderator
That's pretty nice, I like the glowy, dreamy feel. Maybe some clouds in the foreground as well?

- Genny
# 5 24-08-2009 , 10:10 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nah! You need to put a mouth full of teeth on the bottom of the moon, have it sweeping down, about to swallow a small child running for it's life.... Then put "Do you know what happens to children who don't go to bed on time?" at the top of the picture.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 25-08-2009 , 08:39 AM
Subscriber
Mastone: thanks, but um.. did you just draw a hat? haha, i'm kidding with you.. but no seriously, did you just draw a hat?
maybe if i made the moon and didn't use a fluids moon i'd be able to make a better connection between the wings and the moon
oh well... will try this again at some later point, but at a better quality, thanks for the crit!

Coldwave: thanks man!

GecT: I didn't think of this as dreamy until Mastone mentioned it user added image
There were clouds in teh foreground but they got lost.. user added image must have put the transparency on them too high

Mayaniac: EXCELLENT IDEA I'll give it a more red tone too it if I ever do that too user added image

apparently this picture also doesn't fall into my bank's image guidelines for a personalized debit card

So i found out how to email a complaint (because I'm under the illusion that they will read my email whereas if i call they won't let me speak, and they will keep interrupting me)

here's part of it where i analyse their guidelines:

let's go through the guidelines (apologies for the following sarcasm, but unless you can clearly state how this violates the image guidelines I see no reason not to.. I'm not trying to cause conflict or negativeness between us, I'm just logically going through the guidelines searching for the reason for rejection)

-trade marks, logos, slogans, company names, copyrighted material or brands of any third party;
well clearly it's not a trademark, logo and definately not a slogan or company names(no words).
it's an original work by me, so it's copywrited by me. Is this what stops you? Hell I don't care if someone steals this, it's not like it's a protected idea. Certainly isn't a brand of any third party(show me a company that has this exact moon as their logo, I'm not using it as a brand)

-celebrities, actors, musicians, sportspeople or cartoons;
well, I've never seen a celebrity, actor, sportsperson, or cartoon look like a moon with wings before. If such beings exist then I'd sure like to meet them, provided they don't eat me. Maybe you view this as a cartoon? Given that 'cartoon' is in the same line as people naturally I assume 'cartoon' refers to an actual cartoon someone has coined. Certainly this picture doesn't violate this category.

-addresses, phone numbers, URL addresses, account or PIN numbers;
well.. I don't know, maybe someone mistaken this as someone's address or phone number. Oh yeah, I totally encrypted such information into this picture. Totally can't have that. Can't be too careful eh?

-sexual, violent or other offensive content;
Uhh... I don't see how a dream-like picture is any of that, unless you're reminded of sex everytime you look up at the moon and see wings...

-nudity;
yeah, sorry, I'll dress the moon up, can't have a naked moon on a card.

-profanity or obscenities;
yup... just look at it yelling profanities. Yeah right.

-alcohol, tobacco or firearms;
ok, so it's clearly not any of the above it must be alcohol. Oh wait no, it's a firearm, watch it shoot down millions of people with rocks! Sorry, I'll try to stop this sarcasm.

-anything which displays illegal or anti-social behaviour;
anti-social behaviour.... clearly this is probably the only closest thing that this picture breaks. You know.. seeing as how there is only one moon. It's being anti-social. Maybe I can fix this by adding more?

-culturally insensitive images;
show me a culture that will kill me for having a picture of a moon.

-anything which displays the opinions or beliefs of political, religious or socially unacceptable groups;
yeah... umm... again, show me a religion or politician that will kill me for making this picture.

-anything else illegal, obscene, libellous, defamatory or indecent.
clearly a picture of the moon is not that... tell me how it could be illegal or indecent.. maybe you know something about it I don't...

If photographs of NZ plants are only permitted then it should be stated.
If that's the case and we aren't allowed to personalize our personalized VISA Debit Cards then please tell someone who manages the website to state on the website that we are not allowed to upload any pictures that aren't photos of NZ plants or wildlife like in the pictures we can choose from and that the definition of personalization only goes so far as to encompass patriotic pictures.

Either way I would like to hear back from someone regarding this issue.

yeah... an over analysed analysis is what they get for pissing me off.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 7 25-08-2009 , 05:51 PM
Wow... I doubt they will actually read it, after reading the first part... but hey!... worth a try!

But, I think I have solved this issue already... I believe the problem lies the "Copyrights" category. CLEARLY the Moon is copyrighted to GOD.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 8 25-08-2009 , 06:44 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I would just give your bank a call and ask for the reason, because if i get this kinda mail at work i would put in it a low priority mailbox where as when people call i have to deal with them

# 9 25-08-2009 , 09:16 PM
Subscriber
mayaniac i think you're right :p

mastone, yeah, i'll wait for the two days they specified (i did their whole complaints&compliments form so i would think it would get noticed, assuming that what they stated about passing it to a professional help person is right...)

# 10 25-08-2009 , 09:39 PM
Mayaniac

If the moon is Copyrighted to GOD. Why he did not judge lot of people ... user added image

I believe in god !!!!

Just joking ...

mastone you could make this picture to look more cool if you add some good looking clouds !

And you can bring some more ideas ...

:p

# 11 25-08-2009 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
Now that you mention NZ wildlife, I remember to have seen a documentary about sea cocodriles that can travell 100 miles in a week, so no one there can safely swim in a beach.

Last edited by taquion; 25-08-2009 at 10:57 PM.
# 12 26-08-2009 , 12:03 AM

Originally posted by ColdWave
Mayaniac

If the moon is Copyrighted to GOD. Why he did not judge lot of people ... user added image

I believe in god !!!!

Just joking ...

:p

Why did he what the who?

... and I wasn't being religious... I don't believe... just having a joke.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 13 26-08-2009 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by taquion
Now that you mention NZ wildlife, I remember to have seen a documentary about sea cocodriles that can travell 100 miles in a week, so no one there can safely swim in a beach.

i think you're making things up again :p
crocodiles don't exist in NZ
the most dangerous creatures here are dogs and angry sheep (not really, i don't think sheep get angry..), and those are usually pets

all the wildlife here are mainly birds, plants, bugs, and children.

# 14 26-08-2009 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
Then may have been Australia , I thougth it was NZ. Sorry.

I suppose there arent cangooros either

Last edited by taquion; 26-08-2009 at 10:29 PM.