Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-09-2006 , 06:17 PM

Using curves to model face

Anyone uses EP curves and loft to model?

Lets keep our dreams alive!
# 2 20-09-2006 , 09:11 PM
I have tried as a noobie, and it's possible, and a bit time consuming, but, it is quicker than most techniques I've seen used.
Also, it's an easy way to make a detailed face to start with. Most curve stuff is usually nurbs.

Here's an example I got of patch modeling from https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutori...nurbs/164.htmluser added image

Hope this helps.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 20-09-2006 at 09:13 PM.
# 3 20-09-2006 , 09:59 PM
Thats a good one! I'll try it. Thanks!

# 4 20-09-2006 , 10:12 PM
No problem.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 5 23-09-2006 , 12:41 PM

nurbs sphere

its alot easier to start to model a face with a nurbs sphere.birailing those ep curves can get hard.the attatching detaching global stitch and so on.heres a face i did last night in about an hour starting with a nurbs sphere.

Attached Thumbnails

SWEET!
# 6 23-09-2006 , 04:06 PM
Wow man thats amazing for an hour. How did you make the mouth?

# 7 24-09-2006 , 08:25 AM

add isopharms

you have to rotate the sphere sideways put an isoparm near the front and go detach surfaces and delete the inner one.add three more isopharms and use the hulls to pull the front two isopharms out.i can show you if i new how to take a screen shot.if you find out how.i can walk you yhrough it.

SWEET!