Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 24-01-2007 , 01:35 AM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by gster123
...as im spending too much time with other things.

Society today pushes us to fast. Therefore feel obliged to have to do lots of things, to excel and succeed first time, this is not the case - step back and survey what you have in front of you and then get your target and power down head first and go for it, you'll be amaze at what you can achieve.

I agree with Steve tho, I feel I never have the time to do what I want, and do the things I must.

Life is a beach. But don't you hate getting sand in your food!!!

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 17 24-01-2007 , 01:56 AM
all u need is some interest and time

:p

# 18 24-01-2007 , 02:07 AM
But as I'm sure you could be able to learn the program you must ask yourself if this is something you would like to work with in the future.

And have in mind that things will change over time perhaps you get a family or other things you must take care of, 3-D is something you need a genuine intresest for 3-d if you want to work with it.

Last edited by Weyu; 24-01-2007 at 02:10 AM.
# 19 24-01-2007 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber
TIME?????!!!! lordy lordy, I some times wonder, DO we have enough time?? Every time I sit down to relax I feel like I should be doing something.., I feel like Im being chased by the time monster.., sometimes one just doesn't have enough time.., but the work still needs to be done and if focused, it gets done.?? time seems an illusion, almost like rubber, seems relative, don't really understand it. ?? all I understand is one has to work/practise and at times .., relax. one also needs passion, an artist without passion is a dead artist, dead man walking.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 20 24-01-2007 , 05:55 PM

just a further note since we are all going on

Drawing ... it is an interesting thing it is the act of breaking an object down into simple forms (circles, squares, ovoids elipses) finding the volumes locating the turning points etc and then setting them in relation to all the others that you have found and keeping a consistancy across your drawing / model. It requires that you extend your visual memory so that you can retain the form in your head as you turn from the model to the 'canvas' and back it requires that you gain an understanding of the things that you seek to draw / model to help with visual memory (it is very hard to remember that which you have no words to decribe ie any body ever tryed to draw / model a human back)
my point is .. I think, Whether you are using a pencil or a brush, a lump of clay or Maya ... the medium may be a skill in itself but the act is the same and requires mostly the same skill set excluding material diferences of course
..... Thats what I think ....

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 21 25-01-2007 , 02:22 AM
I highly recommend borrowing / purchasing the book

'Drawing on the right side of the brain' by Betty Edwards (translated in to numerous languages for over 20 years!!!)

This book is one of the best drawing books available.
The auther makes the statement that learning to draw, among other things teaches you how to see like an artist. I.e that being an artist is really about learning to see things as they really are, not how we think they look.

It works it really does!!!!

regards
Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 22 25-01-2007 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
yes, it teaches you to see what is not there, posative and negative, ying and yang; chinese calligraphy is the example, the white of the paper is as important as the ink on it, none would exist without the other.

it was stolen from me from quite a well known artist

# 23 26-01-2007 , 12:07 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jim
I highly recommend borrowing / purchasing the book

'Drawing on the right side of the brain' by Betty Edwards (translated in to numerous languages for over 20 years!!!)

I fully agree with Jim! user added image

Gala

# 24 29-01-2007 , 02:42 AM

'Drawing on the right side of the brain' by Betty Edwards

I'm with Them, an excelant book, my point was that wheather you use a pecil or not, maya is drawing too ... so it boils down to "all u need is some interest and time' ... I guess we will see your avatar/work around, if you decide to persue it ... good luck

# 25 29-01-2007 , 06:07 AM
Subscriber
the lad seems to have dissappeared while the rest of us carry on lol.

there is alot of this, where someone, usually with no location, asks a question, which I can usually pick just by the title of the thread, and the question to me seems a little out of place or sarcastic, and then said 'new comer' dissappears??

never seen so much of it before??

# 26 29-01-2007 , 11:33 PM

oh well we all had a good chat

it was an interesting thread after all ... i wounder what purpose it serves :p user added image

# 27 30-01-2007 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber
as was pointed out to me in no uncertain terms, and well placed it was.., this is the chat room, members lounge whatever, so we talk about whatever, not all in life should be too serious, i am sure you are already aware of that. sometimes its nice to just shoot the sh.....

ill be back at uni soon and wont have time for such 'pleasures'