Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-10-2007 , 08:01 AM

LOL???

I guess lol is used in IMs everywhere now, but where did it come from anyway? People just started using it, which is okay. But now it seems to show up in professional e-mails that I get from people and it's starting to get irritating. It even has it's own Wiki page!!user added image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOL_(Internet_slang)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 12-10-2007 , 08:14 AM
LOL!

(What else did you expect with the reply!)

In a proper e-mail its a no no for me.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 12-10-2007 , 08:19 AM
I see it quite a bit on professional e-mails and it's everywhere else too. I thought it meant lots of laughs at first.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 4 12-10-2007 , 08:25 AM
Yeah, its like the smileys that are everywhere too

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 13-10-2007 , 02:32 AM
I think people got too lazy for smileys and started making weird acronyms for simple things like 'rofl'(rolling on the floor laughing):headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

# 6 13-10-2007 , 03:02 AM
Acid44
?... how the hell do you manage to get too lazy for smileys?...probably true though

if i every got an "lol" in a professional message id crap my pants...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - TAKE THAT!!!!

# 7 13-10-2007 , 07:08 AM
lol.

# 8 14-10-2007 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber
lol at that wiki page ... :p