Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 01-09-2008 , 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Thats pretty damn cool /thumbs up.

Set Driven keys are actually fun to setup.:blush:

- Genny
# 17 01-09-2008 , 03:38 AM
Nooooooooo! Youtube rejected the tutorial because it was too long. I'll have to split it up and see if it will take it. The video is 23 minutes long.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 01-09-2008 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
ouch!

weird, i wonder why they have a time limit :\

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 01-09-2008 , 06:28 AM

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 20 01-09-2008 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
haha, rotate zee/zed, funny, dude :p

actually i have no idea what 'z' is pronounced here, you hear all sorts of pronounciations for things these days, i can't can't remember if i'm meant to say 'data' like 'day-tah' or 'dah-tah' :p

nice tutorial, you're mic must be pretty sensitive if it was picking up your background music too (unless you meant to have it)

well, i only watched the first part and i didn't know about that funkyness you had going on there with the render stats

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 21 01-09-2008 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber
THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!:attn:

nice tutorial, this is what i've been looking for, i'll post an update of my ironman model with what i've learnt from you vid,

as for how "Z" is pronounced here in England we tend to say "ZED"

# 22 01-09-2008 , 01:39 PM
Chirone: Glad you got something out of the video. The music was probably from the movie Transformers. It's my son's favorite movie and he had just watched it so it was on the menu screen the entire time. I'll have to be mindful of background noises for any future tutorials. I had the mic set pretty sensitive so I could talk softer and not disturb anyone.

jali: I'm glad you liked the tutorial. Working in Maya and explaining things along the way was more challenging than I was expecting. I hope your Iron Man turns out exactly the way you want it to.

Exceed Expectations!
# 23 01-09-2008 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber
While these tutorials were a little redundant for me as I learned set driven keys early on, I must say that your tutorials are really good dude.
I can only imagine they are going to help a lot of people.
Nice explanations, clear and concise. Thorough, and what is best is the example used to teach it.
I think that the material would be interesting to a lot of people because it is something rather uncommon I would say and it is a whole different take on what you can do with driven keys.
Great work dude, keep it up. Community support at its finest right here!user added image

oh and here in Canada I here most people say "zee" and that's how I grew up saying it, except for when reciting the alphabet. then I say "zed" because it sounds more appropriate haha.
Cheers!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 24 01-09-2008 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
I haven't watched the tutorials yet, but I will in a few minutes.

I've never heard "zed" until I started watching tutorials and just thought it was they way people referred to the Z Axis so people would get it confused with him saying "see" and then you being like "See what?" haha maybe I'm wrong but it's the only time in my life I've ever heard "zed"

# 25 01-09-2008 , 11:15 PM
where can i buy that bot i want it. awesome donation to the community man

# 26 02-09-2008 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber

# 27 02-09-2008 , 03:20 AM
Rhetoric Camel: Never thought of it that way but makes sense. Zed does make it less confusing than Z (see).

younglion: Thanks younglion. I really had alot of fun making the tutorial. So much in fact that I plan on making TONS more, but probably can't post tuts here as it would take away from SM tutorial sales. But I do have a MEGA AWESOME idea for tutorials.
A unique teaching method that I haven't seen done yet.

jali: I checked out your Iron Man and you did a fantastic job using the Set Driven Keys. Makes me really excited to know I was able to help. Nice job.

Exceed Expectations!
# 28 02-09-2008 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
maybe you can strike a deal with the SM Gods where you can give them your tutorials for them to host

<random-words>
you probably have to sacrifice one of your eyes for the previledge though user added image
</random-words>

# 29 02-09-2008 , 03:39 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Perfecto
Rhetoric Camel: Never thought of it that way but makes sense. Zed does make it less confusing than Z (see).

younglion: Thanks younglion. I really had alot of fun making the tutorial. So much in fact that I plan on making TONS more, but probably can't post tuts here as it would take away from SM tutorial sales. But I do have a MEGA AWESOME idea for tutorials.
A unique teaching method that I haven't seen done yet.

jali: I checked out your Iron Man and you did a fantastic job using the Set Driven Keys. Makes me really excited to know I was able to help. Nice job.

hey, perfecto, if your serious about making more tuts, i have a video tutorial, that explains "how to make your own video tutorials" it's really good and explains how to do things in a more professonal manner,,

if you want i can upload it for onto something like rapidshare, as a thank you for taking the time out to make that awsome set drivin key tute,

# 30 02-09-2008 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Chirone
maybe you can strike a deal with the SM Gods where you can give them your tutorials for them to host

<random-words>
you probably have to sacrifice one of your eyes for the previledge though user added image
</random-words>

I can host, for free, and can handle just about all the bandwidth that can be thrown at me.

If some of that such use is required/wanted let me know!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”