Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-04-2016 , 02:19 PM

Best way to approach this scene?

First off I'm new to Maya and to this forum so, HI! user added image

So my scene is total blackness and as you move forward you see a light and the light grows bigger...

Kinda like how a car goes in a long tunnel with no lights whatsoever and as it approach the end of it you can see a small light and it grows as you reach the end.

I hope this makes sense xD

Thanks in advance

Last edited by duka; 25-04-2016 at 02:21 PM.
# 2 29-05-2016 , 02:08 PM
Hi !
First, I think it's better to make a storyboard, if it's an animation. Then when your storyboard will be finished, try to set up basics elements, like geometry. After that send us screenshots, because your idea could be a little messy for people like me ^^

# 3 30-05-2016 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
if this was an animation, then i would animate everything coming through the tunnel, then you could also animate the brightness on a light which would be attached to the moving object, as it gets closer to the camera, increase the brightness and keyframe it.

Myth

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1