Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-03-2016 , 08:43 AM

Need to overlay a image with partial transparency over a shader

Hello

I am pretty new to Maya (two weeks of it), and I've recently started shading and texturing. I am using Maya 2016.

I have modeled a simple doll house. On it, I want a blinn shader, which I have set up. But over the blinn, I want to add some flower images to decorate the walls. I have unwrapped the UVs for the model, and placed the flowers where I want them, but I cannot get the blinn shader, and the flowers to both show up.

Either, I see only the blinn texture, or I see the flowers and all of the walls are transparent.

Is there a way to overlay the flowers over the blinn?

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by Hadidah; 06-03-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Adding what version of Maya I'm using
# 2 06-03-2016 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
Normally you would go then with a layered shader. Here you can add different Shaders over each other. But you have to make sure, that the layers don't cover each other up.
Maya has now also a new mental ray material, which works also with layers "mila material".
Try it out, check also Youtube for tutorials.