Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-04-2004 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

i want to study! earn a degree....

i just did maya from a private coaching center here in delhi, india!
now i have finally decided to earn a degree (a bachelors one) from the best institute/school/college in the world which teaches maya.

the reason behind this is that it would not only give me an exposure to the top notch industries which offer 3dmodelling/animation jobs, but would also train me from every perspective by clearing my fundamentals in this top of the line software!

so please if anyone out there can help me out by telling me which is the best and most reputed college that offers a degree course in maya?

thanks, waiting for the positive information from u guys,
peace and wishes,
Gautam.

# 2 09-04-2004 , 04:31 PM
First I would look into a good Art school. Software second.

# 3 09-04-2004 , 09:32 PM
Computer Animation & Visulisation BA at Bournemouth University, UK. A very good uni with very good industery links. (The fact they get ILM every year says alot). Ask PureMorning for more info on Bournemouth.

But i totally agree with Rick's comments. If your [traditional] art isn't top notch, the software becomes worthless. My application to the course i mentioned was rejected because of this. Which is way i'm now going to really get into computer/3D art after i've become capable in traditional art.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 09-04-2004 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
Traditional skills are a must at bournemouth, if you can't pass the live drawing test you don't even get considered.

# 5 10-04-2004 , 08:51 AM
uhh... define top notch... i did a pre admission test to architecture and another to "fine arts" and was was given high punctuation on both even if my drawing skills arent what i would call "top notch"... (how i ended on business administration, just dont ask...)
lets say you just need to show you understand volumes and how to draw em... you dont have to be syd mead or feng zhu.. not to enter a school i mean...

Last edited by dragonfx; 10-04-2004 at 08:55 AM.
# 6 10-04-2004 , 09:03 PM

Originally posted by dragonfx
uhh... define top notch...

Good/excellent.

Originally posted by dragonfx
i did a pre admission test to architecture and another to "fine arts" and was was given high punctuation on both even if my drawing skills arent what i would call "top notch"... (how i ended on business administration, just dont ask...)
lets say you just need to show you understand volumes and how to draw em... you dont have to be syd mead or feng zhu.. not to enter a school i mean...

Yeah, if you have the talent of Feng, jump straight into the industery. You just need to show the school where you creatively and that joining wouldn't be a wast of their time. You dont need to be the best artist, just for them to see you have the incentive to learn.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 7 11-04-2004 , 01:32 AM
I am going off to FullSail down in Orlando...I've talked with a lot of people that went through their Animation/Modelling/etc course....they said it was great...plus I like it because they prepare you for the working enviroment, having deadlines and special labs to recrate a real job etc.... *shrugs*

DSA