Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-11-2004 , 10:04 AM

has somebody hitted it big?

has somebody hitted it big? or for the matter... knows some guy that did to the point he can make him confess?...

i mean... the big production debutants... how did they did it? ok youve got a pair of flashy cool mtv videoclips just done with a lot of struggle and love that maybe are even good, and a fresh brand new wonderful script (that MUST be ported to screen for the welfare of humanity) under your arm... (or killer videogame idea/whatever)
so the question is: what did they did then?, how did they pitched it?, how in earth did they managed to fool somebody into trusting them to the point of puttin to their disposal xx.000.000 $(give or take one more zero) to make the idea a reality? (well those are 3 questions but...)

Last edited by dragonfx; 04-11-2004 at 03:54 PM.
# 2 20-11-2004 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
The key to getting investment of any type is to have a very detailed plan on what you need to complete your project and why you need it, what time frame you're talking about (again detailed), and exactly what the projected returns will be. No one gives money without some type of return.

Think of it as putting together a formal business plan. I've found that's what's needed regardless of the number of zeros involved.

Hope that helps.

Hoop

# 3 21-11-2004 , 06:07 AM
The Maya Mountain
Suppose it depends on what you mean by "big." If you mean, created his own short movie that went and won an Oscar... no, don't think we have many like that around here. user added image

I personally think I've hit it as big as I planned on it (even moreso really). I have a job in the game industry that seems relatively secure for now and a neat book coming out. user added image

Sounds like you're looking more for advice on how to get people to invest in your short film. Fraid that's a hard row to hoe and one I've not attempted, nor do I plan to. In the case of video games (and most commercial films), there isn't "one guy" who went and did all the work (although it can seem like it sometimes. user added image) My studio is relatively small and we have about 13 people, for example.