Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-01-2005 , 01:05 AM

POC for a garden scene

I'm new here, though I've read quite a few threads over the past weeks.

I spent the day creating a proof of concept model for a scene. The finished render will be moonlit with many long shadow across a woman in a romanesque garden. Other humanoid figures (statues) will be added later with the foliage and stonework fountain.

This woman will be the focus of the scene (once she's finished).

I have to admit that I'm pleased with my progress since I only took up 3d modelling a month ago.

user added image

Obviously not complete but any suggestions for the current model would be appreciated.

Some changes I'm already scheduling include making her physique fit the roman time of beautiful yet not athletically built.

The most daunting task ahead of me will be creating and mapping the textures as my previous attempts for simple objects failed miserably. I've ready many tutorials and I have a book on its way, so hopefully with the help of members here, and some good luck, this next try will come out better.

# 2 05-01-2005 , 01:09 AM
Did I say something wrong or is everyone above talking to a noob in this forum?

# 3 10-01-2005 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
dont worry, it is easy to miss new threads, I cant see anything really wrong, just be careful that she doesn't have any sharp edges.

keep at it

Daeuser added image

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 4 10-01-2005 , 10:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement dae. I've been working mainly on the scene's environment so next rendering will be some shots of the courtyard area.