Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-05-2005 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber

Problem with extrude edge

I was trying to extrude this edge and then conver to subD's. What causes this to do this and how can I stop it?

Attached Thumbnails

CDV
# 2 15-05-2005 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber

Answer

I figured it out. I was accidently hitting the D key and making a duplicate that was under the model. If that doesn't make sence it because i don't completely know how i was doing it but I was. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this in an attempt to help me.

CDV
# 3 15-05-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
LOL, yeah, this I think is the best way to solve your problems (its faster than waiting for someone to help respond, but this is a pretty good maya community). But the real reason I responded to this is because the problem pic reminded me of a dinosaur foot, but basically what I am saying is useless, then again what else is new? :p