Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 91 09-07-2005 , 10:32 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
I think that ears need to be smaller in Y way.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 92 11-07-2005 , 04:29 PM

little push

I did some modelling from your reference if u don't mind.
It is not the most perfect topologie here it is.
needs more work on it but if u want to see my wireframe and have little bit more direction, be my guest...
Like I said before it is not the good way to do it. have a lot of triangulate polygon.
But for a 2 hours moddeling after a hard day, I belive it is the best I could make so far....
Good luck in you Picollo [one of the best character in DBZ].
When u finish up maybee we can do some animation...

Keep it up...

Attached Thumbnails
# 93 11-07-2005 , 04:36 PM

now the smooth one

So let me tell you What i think.
Everything what we can see it is in the perpective. but when we modeling we can set the perpective in our way changing the camera attributes,
So from my point of view you should not take seriously the size of the head of character or even some times the size of the ears or whatever it is.
try to figure out how this it is without perpective, so you can make more uniform model....I don't know if you gettin me...
But that my advice.

Attached Thumbnails
# 94 11-07-2005 , 04:41 PM

and the render

some edges need more work, looks too smooth.
Like in his mouth or eyes, so when you need a cuttin edge, I mean sharp edge you better make more the one...
Some part in your model looks that need more edge so when you apply this cartoon looking shade will make the shadows or the collors more sharp and good cartoon looking.

Attached Thumbnails
# 95 12-07-2005 , 02:21 PM
First of all i have to say that your model looks much better than mine...especially th eyes and the nose with is very fundamental..but i think the jaw looks a bit too pointy..and you only neede 2 hours?i needed like 20 hours ...
secondly im not sure what you try to tell me...u mean i should kind of think in 2d?im not sure...sorry...
your wireframe helps a lot! i will again go back to the head and tweak it one more time...and its nice that you are also a fan of DB/Z/GT and like it...but first i would recommend to create some 3d still images...as far is am a real noob in animation...i know too less in it

# 96 14-07-2005 , 02:22 AM
Subscriber
diezel700,

Why are you spamming everyone's thread with the same post. Not a very nice thing to do mate

# 97 14-07-2005 , 02:25 AM
well, let me see how to say that...
When you modelling, problably you`r using the perpective view and swap some times to the side and front or even top view right......
but in Maya default perpective have a little perpective comparing with our eyes, and the side, top, front view doesn`t have any perpective at all.
So if you make a ball, perfect sphere and put this in front of a camera that get close to our eyes perpective, will not look more perfect round sphere, depending on from where you looking the side of sphere that is close to camera will looks bigger then part that is far from camera...
And what I`m trying to say is that what you took as reference it is a image that HAVE perpective on it, and from my point of view you should make the model thinking how this reference image will looks without perpective.
If in the image looks round maybee without perpective it is not so round as you see.

hey where is your update, I cannot make my update without yours cause I`m following you.....if you don`t mind.....

# 98 14-07-2005 , 06:16 PM
hey dont wait for me present your work here it would also help me for some problenm areas...i didnt worked much ...i didnt have time...but i will show a lot of process tommorow!!this is a neck update...i have a lot of tweaking there...
also stormgetto do you use any poly modeling plug ins??which?

Attached Thumbnails
# 99 14-07-2005 , 10:46 PM
i made the neck.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 100 14-07-2005 , 10:47 PM
smoothed.... now stormgetto show us your progress!!i wait for it!

Attached Thumbnails
# 101 14-07-2005 , 11:22 PM
i changed the eyebrows fundamentally and tweaked the whole model again....very time consuming to get those lines in the rendered image....

and stormgetto i wanna see you process i wait for em !!

Attached Thumbnails
# 102 16-07-2005 , 04:10 AM
Wow its looking really good man!

the neck needs more work though.

Keep up the good workuser added image

# 103 18-07-2005 , 05:47 PM
wooooouuuuuhhhhhh........
Nice, you gettin a good shape.

# 104 18-07-2005 , 06:24 PM
So I finished my modeling, and hereit is.
As I said I will send you the model by e-mail, but the model is quite low poly, I did more thinking in game model.
In that way makes more easy for rigging and texturing.
I`m quite sure you will need to tweek more mu model to get the best shape for rig, but i belive you can manage this.
As I said this model it is for game so I didn`t wondered if the model has triangule polygon, but if you going to make a high res, try to make it everything quad, so when you smooth it you will not end up with strange quad.

Attached Thumbnails
# 105 18-07-2005 , 07:52 PM
user added image user added image user added image woow i love it a lot.it really look like picolo. i would like to see your mesh smooted.user added image