Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-06-2007 , 12:17 PM

Mustang 67 Coupe(WIP)

this is my first car.i just modelling but i cant go forward user added image

what can i do after this.hlp please user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by deadjackal; 19-06-2007 at 12:28 PM.
# 2 19-06-2007 , 12:29 PM
mustang cuope67

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-06-2007 , 12:30 PM
mustang cuope 67

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 19-06-2007 , 12:31 PM
mustangcuope67

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 19-06-2007 , 06:59 PM
Hi there deadjackal,
If you're new to Maya, doing a car seems like quite a project to take on. You should learn quite a bit by the time you're done with it. I havn't modeled a car yet but I'll help anyway I can. I'm assuming you're a newbie to Maya so I'll start you off with rendering.

Print screens are not the best way to display you models because of the lack of quality. To start off with you could goto your render globals (pic1) and select software render (pic2). Next, set the quality to production under the Software Tab (pic3)Set the size (pic4) to 520x390 under the Common Tab (or can use preset 640x480). Then close the render globals and render (pic5) After it renders, just goto File, save as and save it as a .png file. Once you get closer to your model being finished you'll want to learn how to improve your renders but this should be good for you to start with.

I recommend downloading Kurt's dog tutorial or franky tutorial from the free section (video training). Toward the end he goes over basic lighting and rendering your scene.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 19-06-2007 at 07:08 PM.
# 6 19-06-2007 , 10:09 PM
I forgot to ask. Are you doing this from a tutorial on are you just winging it? I'm asking because I notice there's no seams for the hood or for the doors. I don't know the workflow for doing a vehicle but I'll see what I can find out for you because I'd like to know myself.

Here's another tip for rendering. If you click on View in your perspective view, and then select Camera Settings, and then select Resolution Gate, it will display a green border on your screen. Everything in the green border is what gets rendered. So, you can move around until you get the angle you want.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 7 20-06-2007 , 07:34 AM
im working with a tutorial but its coming 'til here

# 8 20-06-2007 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
ahh the good old mustang one of my fav cars

i modelled one not so long ago - i found theheadlight area tricy too keep a flow

nice model so far

does the roof pick up at the rear like that shouldnt it be slightly lower than the front
or that just the angle it is from

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 9 21-06-2007 , 02:44 PM
Try using the split polygon tool to draw the outline of your door. Then use it again but this time draw the outline of the door offset from the first line. Then select the faces inbetween the two lines (all the way around the door) and then extrude them inward.

kinddoggofwar is modeling a vehicle in the WIP section and this is what he's doing. Check out his thread.

Although, I'd probably recommend trying to follow whatever tutorial your working from.

Also, save you project in a separate file first, that way if you mess up, you can revert back to your original file and try again.

Cheers!

Exceed Expectations!
# 10 08-07-2007 , 08:44 PM
Yeah like Perfecto said. Time to do details. I've heard that most people extrude in by -0.5 for every sitch.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman