Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-08-2008 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber

converting geometry to fluid

Hey, not sure if this is right forum for it, but I was wondering how I would go about converting geometry into a fluid, if anyone has used houdini that has a tool similar to want I would like to achieve.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

# 2 08-08-2008 , 07:53 PM
Sadly, without a plugin, Maya has no such native feature.

So, other than "Modify > Convert > Fluid to Polygons", the only way one can achieve what you are wanting to do would be to emit fluids FROM your geometry with ZERO attenuation, so they simply appear and stick.

Then you can use your geometry as a non-rendering container for other fluids shaded the same and it looks like what you may be after.

But as far as a simple menu feature, no yet sorryuser added image

EDIT: There "may" be a Mel script out there somewhere that someone made that may help you.
Check the Highend3D.com melScripts directory.
If there is a freely available script, it will be thereuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 10-08-2008 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
Ya I didn't think there would be a default kinda thing, I may try looking into doing the convert fluid to geom but in reverse as when I do the emit from object mode I can technically get what I'm after but it really doesn't look to lovely n such.

Chris

Ps: that convert fluid to polys is awesome!!