Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-07-2016 , 11:28 AM
Subscriber

maya vs zbrush

Hi i was just wondering do people generally start with a program like maya or 3dsmax or any other program way before trying out zbrush. I know my self started with blender but couldn't get a handle of it and just gave up 3d modelling for good until i decided to try maya and i actually picked it up quite quickly but of course i have been on and off with it. I couldn't even get a handle of 3dsmax either, But i have lately been watching some tutorials in zbrush but the tutorials seem mostly character creating and a lot of people say start out simple in maya and work your way up and with zbrush tutorials a lot of them say beginner even though it's a character, so i was wondering do you have to be doing another 3d package like maya for awhile before you could attempt zbrush. I know a lot of tutorials have for maya and then bring it into zbrush. Sorry for this being long i was just wondering

# 2 18-07-2016 , 06:26 PM
You can try 3D coat or mudbox. Both pretty simple. With 3d coat, you don't even have to worry about retopology. This gives you a lot of freedom. Mudbox is pretty simple if you started out in maya, because I think most tools that it use is embedded in the sculpting section in maya 2016, and it's controls' default are already set to be alike that of maya. Furthermore, they link very easily. This can act like a bridge to learn zbrush.