Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2016 , 05:28 AM

Adding controls to an auto-rigged character

Hello Maya experts!!
First time user to the forum so please excuse me if I ask a dumb question. I'm rigging a teddy bear for a varsity short film project and I need some help with the controls. I'm using the new Maya 16 extention2 and have made use of the auto-rigging in it. it is working beautifully except now I need to add a main control to the middle of the teddy that will be constrained to my characters hand so he can pick it up. when I do this manually the mesh suddenly jumps in scale and the bones don't...

I've also gone back to an older version before I bond the skin to the bones to try and add the control here and the scale of the mesh does not change but the bones do not stay a relative distance to the control and instead move at a different rate to the control... HELP!