Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2007 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber

Hey guys!

Hi Guys,
Ive just found the site and signed up. Im 20 from the UK and currently learning how to use Maya, i really want to get into 3D art for games. Look forward to showing you some of my work here is my latest creation (only my 4th ever model and it needs texturing)...

user added image

Hopfully i will get a chance to enter some of the competitions and stuff you having going on.

T

# 2 04-12-2007 , 07:58 PM
Jr.Who
How long have you been using Maya?

Welcome to the SM community!
user added image

# 3 04-12-2007 , 08:27 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Welcome, and cool character.

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 04-12-2007 , 09:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Welcome to Simply Maya user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 05-12-2007 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
Ive had it 3 months i think but not spent too much time on it like i said that was my 4th image... Im currently working on a full dragon. Ive done the basic shape of the body legs and head just wings left shouldn't take me too long but ive done no texturing yet so thats my next thing to work on.

T

# 6 05-12-2007 , 01:24 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by bigtommyb
Ive had it 3 months i think but not spent too much time on it like i said that was my 4th image... Im currently working on a full dragon. Ive done the basic shape of the body legs and head just wings left shouldn't take me too long but ive done no texturing yet so thats my next thing to work on.

T

Well, thats pretty good work for only 3 Months of on and off practice.

It would be nice to see that Dragon your working on. My second model in Maya was a Dragon (built in PLE) and my first was a train. (also built in PLE.)

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 05-12-2007 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
My first was kind of a motorbike make using a mixture of nurbs and polygons... looks alrite but a bit bubbly lol. 2nd was a very rubbish attempt at making an electric guitar, i teach guitar atm as well so thought it would b fun to make one of my designs that didn't go very well. 3rd was another bike this time completely poly and i didnt have enough room for the handles (whoops!!) so i scrapped it. Then the Orc head, now my dragon and just started on my go kart for the winter comp.

# 8 05-12-2007 , 02:33 AM
you should take that character you made and drop it into Zbrush and add some cool texture stuff, that would be cool ! user added image