Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-06-2008 , 06:04 PM

Meet Slowbo :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jVQ5UBESo

Meet Slowbo user added image

Just a simple character i made to practice a little camerawork, some basic walk and run cycles and yeah theres a little kids story chucked in to boot.. just for a little pep.. user added image forgive me the quality is pretty low so you cant really read the story... its typed out in the info panel.. enojy.. user added image -Ruff

# 2 06-06-2008 , 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Did the animation repeat? I asked because even though it was near impossible to read the text, I think i saw the same thing twice. Not sure if the Angel theme was a suitable choice /shrug. There was some weirdness in the walk cycle but it was still ok. You'r not off to a bad start so keep truckin'. :]

- Genny
# 3 06-06-2008 , 11:02 AM
user added image yeah it repeated once. i did that so it would 1 fit the angel theme song length and 2 so you might actually be able to read it, i knew that uploading to youtube would reduce the quality a little, but it turned out worse than i hoped.. also it was a 5 hour render for 25ish seconds..
and i didnt want to make it a 10 hour render... i could probably have rendered it more efficiently but im still learning user added image it was after all ment to be a 2 hour practice project.

I mean it wasnt exactly a spielberg story lmao, and it wasnt a great animation, it wasnt intended to be, it was just an animation to practice walk and run cycles and camera movements really.. i was pretty happy with the camera movements, the run cycle i didnt focus on to much, pretty much spent the majority of time on the walk cycle.. and as a first i was pretty happy with it, however, i would really love to hear how i can make it better..
i noticed it seemed a little .. structured maybe.. and any tips on creating a little random ness there would be good user added image..

Oh yeah the song lmao... well i choose it, cos well its the shortest mp3 i have lol, and if you read the little kiddy story in the side info thing, it is a bit of a sad story, and the angel theme song was slightly on the sad side.. im no pro.. and the song doesnt suit the ani...but it was practice, and i could do with some feedback for improvements on the walk cycle and camera movements and what ever else you can point out....

I was really happy with the way the (exhale) turned out... its quite hard to make a robot with no body arms or head exhale.... lol

-Ruff
(ps, there is the option on youtube to watch it in high quality mode, but it will take longer to buffer, that way you can read the text..user added image)

Last edited by Ruff; 06-06-2008 at 11:09 AM.