Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-10-2008 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber

making a good chrome texture and hard plastic

I am looking to make a good chrome texture that I can render out in mental ray that looks realistic. I think I saw one on a tutorial I did a few years back but I can't find it. I also and looking to make hard black plastic.

# 2 31-10-2008 , 08:32 PM
The Nurb Herd

# 3 01-11-2008 , 11:22 AM
keep with your blinn and use a ramp shader for your colour set it to
grey to black to white and set the light angle to facing
turn reflectivity to 100 render out with fg and hdri for environmental relfections

# 4 27-07-2016 , 11:05 PM

keep with your blinn and use a ramp shader for your colour set it to
grey to black to white and set the light angle to facing
turn reflectivity to 100 render out with fg and hdri for environmental relfections

Hey, I am trying to work on a chrome material. I am also new to maya. What does "FG" and "HDRI" mean? Any other tips for making chrome?

# 5 28-07-2016 , 05:14 PM
Bored but busy
FG = final gather HDRI = high dynamic range image. Chrome is the color of what it reflects. So you have to set up some sort of reflected environment.