Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 29-10-2009 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
Well here is my first go at the head texture.

Tried out taking the model in to photoshop and painting directly on to it in there and I found it worked quite well - even if a little slow.

Although the ears did some wired thing some - left them for now.

Going for a look that represents the fact he had to fight to get his man - so cuts,black eye and covered in dirt.

Again this is just a grab from Maya - no bump, occ or any other tricks - Just testing the texture

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/hero/hero_6_3.jpg

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/hero/hero_6_4.jpg

# 47 29-10-2009 , 03:28 AM
Don't know what it is, but he looks like he is mentally deficient in some way. Probably a combination of the Jaw and eyes. Yeah, I don't know...

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 48 29-10-2009 , 06:12 AM
Subscriber
I think it looks off because Tweety didn't render in the eyes or the mouth polygons. I think the base texturing looks really detailed. Just out of curiosity will the spec, occlusion and stuff help with the dirt on his face? Right now it almost looks a little like cammo paint smeared on.

Regardless I really like your texturing, especially the shirt. Gives me inspiration to work towards!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 49 29-10-2009 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
Removed the dirt for now as a few people have told me its not working.

Here it is with the other objects in view. Still not made the teeth yet and the ear is not textured yet (first job of the day).

Also not too worried about the hair as I still need to do his hat.

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/hero/hero_6_5.jpg

# 50 29-10-2009 , 03:32 PM
The Nurb Herd
i wouldn't have a seam through the blood on the t-shirt. If you want to have the image on the back uncut then how about under the arms? you could join the top of the shoulders so the shell would look like a kinda poncho, if you see what i'm saying.

# 51 29-10-2009 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
I was thinking that at the time but I have done a very good job of covering that up and when on the model I really cant see the seem at all.

# 52 29-10-2009 , 05:20 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
i'd probably desaturate the face a bit too. i agree about the seams, you could hide them better

level 3 luchador!

image dump