Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-12-2010 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

Tron Legacy

so, opening night/morning here and i went to see it.

if i hadn't recently seen the original i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
the movie was actually really cool

although I don't know what an isomorphic algorithm is meant to even mean... maybe there's some biology orientated thing about it that i don't know about.

it was a pretty movie and the story was actually pretty cool although sad (well i felt sad at the end)

and this is one of the few movies i can think of where the music was actually awesome! normally the music in a movie just passes by me unnoticed but this soundtrack made me happy

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 15-12-2010 , 09:11 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I just watched the original so I could go and see it. I've heard of some bad reviews though so was having second thoughts (didn't actually read them, they can tend to spoil films a bit).

I might go after all now.

# 3 15-12-2010 , 09:15 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

so, opening night/morning here and i went to see it.

if i hadn't recently seen the original i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
the movie was actually really cool

although I don't know what an isomorphic algorithm is meant to even mean... maybe there's some biology orientated thing about it that i don't know about.

it was a pretty movie and the story was actually pretty cool although sad (well i felt sad at the end)

and this is one of the few movies i can think of where the music was actually awesome! normally the music in a movie just passes by me unnoticed but this soundtrack made me happy

hhmmmmmm didnt know it was a remake

# 4 15-12-2010 , 09:22 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its not a remake....

# 5 15-12-2010 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

I just watched the original so I could go and see it. I've heard of some bad reviews though so was having second thoughts (didn't actually read them, they can tend to spoil films a bit).

I might go after all now.

it's just as funny as the first too, with a few programmer jokes, and a dig at windows and mac
"so what's so different about this new OS?"
"its got a new number"

hhmmmmmm didnt know it was a remake

yeah, it's not a remake, it's a sequel and an awesome one at that

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 15-12-2010 , 09:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
There's nothing biological about isomorphic algorithm. It roughly means an algorithm with a similar structure... which doesn't really mean anything.

# 7 15-12-2010 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
yeah supposedly it would be that the algorithms are the same, but how is that a breakthrough?