Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-04-2016 , 01:06 AM

Two Animated Models in ONE Scene?

Hi there guys! I'm very new to 3D modeling and animation. I'm trying hard to level up fast by reading/watching tutorials, but even tho sometimes I can't find a solution for what I'm looking for.

So...I have two separate humanoid models that are rigged and animated in two different files. All I want is to put em next to one another so they can walk together in one animation /scene (they are Daft Punk so you get the idea =D). They have different walking animations. I tried by grouping them with their rigs in the outliner and importing and even copy paste...but doesn't seem to work. I move em around the way I want em to be and when I click play OR save them they got in the center of the scene stacking onto one another and yeah...that's where I'm stuck at. I tried Google/Youtube and even this forum for an answer, but I couldn't find a solution.