Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-08-2016 , 06:07 PM

A N00b Needs Help Please!

Hello everyone, my first post! user added image

I'm starting to build a hobbyist VR game using the Unreal Engine and my game is going to be a sci-fi one. So I need to create some sci-fi corridors, which I thought would be easy (yes, I know, this is game development and NOTHING is easy lol) but I've come across a problem with using the Bridge tool.

My plan was to have a template like this:

user added image

And use the Bridge tool to give me curved corridors and using that template I would duplicate and rotate meshes to make up the different turns. So I bridged the gap to make my first corridor, a straight. All great so far:

user added image

But the problem I had was when I tried making my first turn. When I used the Bridge tool I ended up with gaps in the bloomin thing user added image

user added image

I've tried increasing the Divisions for the Bridge tool all the way up to 25 but I'm still getting gaps.

I've also tried messing around with the other settings (which I don't understand at all lol) and things got even worse lololol

I'd be very grateful for any help, and step by step instructions would be appreciated because I don't have a Scooby Doo what I'm doing! user added image user added image

# 2 03-08-2016 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber
post your mesh and i will take a look

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 3 03-08-2016 , 09:20 PM
Brilliant, thank you. I've probably done something REALLY stupid somewhere I expect!

I've uploaded it to Mega in .fbx format here: https://mega.nz/#fm/rZsgnZSS

Thanks again for the help.