Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-04-2003 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber

Mod Teams

ok, 3dbuzz had an idea which they havent implemented yet, and i reckon its a great idea so we can beat them to it! user added image

we should have like a section for game mod teams, or CG teams where people could recruit or join different teams (either for games or CG) and that team has their own forum which only they can see and all their work and communications for the team goes in there

i just think its a great way for people to feel like theyre part of something big (a team that produces short aniamtions, who wouldnt want to be part of that! user added image)

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 05-04-2003 , 09:08 PM
I have an idea, but not just for the mods.

There can be teams (w/ mod leaders) and each team designs & creates levels for Quake III Arena / Unreal Tournament / Counter-Strike and each team member designs & creates there own character to use. The could then be a monthly tournemant using those levels created. (on an SM GameSpy server, or an equivilant)

I think it's an excellant idea to interact with peoples work, not just look at it....and it fun.

I'd like to hear your oppinions on this

user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 05-04-2003 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
oh i didnt mean just for the mods, game mods as in game modifications (ie. counter strike for half life etc)

i think itd be more fun if you culd hire different ppl from the board to be in your company/team cos then you could have competitions between teams user added image

- Simon

# 4 06-04-2003 , 10:05 PM
That sounds like a great idea, though I am very new to maya I have been asked to make a few models for a free game that a group of friends are thinking about making. The trouble is that I don't know how to get models from Maya into any games so maybe this idea could be tweaked so that people can tell others the best tehniques on how to get their lovely models into games.

# 5 07-04-2003 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
hmm.. good idea.. but wouldn't this divide the board??

# 6 07-04-2003 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
im sure this is what some of s do anyway, only via email, so instead of having email and this board, we just have it all on this board

- Simon

# 7 07-04-2003 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 8 07-04-2003 , 05:59 PM
Subscriber
yes, a team like that, but buzz also said thered be like a place on the forum to manage all of this from the site. i think it adds a lot of funto the site user added image

- Simon