Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-01-2004 , 10:31 AM

Bumpmapping a character

I'm looking to make my character's skin look more realistic by adding some faults to it via a bump map. The only problem is I don't know how to make this type of map.
Does anyone have any tips or bump map examples for characters?
Plus I like to make his eyebrows, look like their not just painted on.... could the bump map achieve this as well? I don't want to use fur.

# 2 27-01-2004 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
PFX is good for eyebrows. the bump can aid a little with the eyebrows. but it looks worse than pfx dose for sure.

you can make your bump buy just having a nutral gray background. RGB 128,128,128. make anything you wan to stand out lighter gray and anything you want to sink in like wrinkels, a darker gray. Takes some playing to get use to it. Also a good idea to examine other bump maps when you come arcrost them.

# 3 27-01-2004 , 01:54 PM
Thanks Pony, I'm going to do a search for sample bump maps. I understand the theory, used to do a lot of 3d graphics programming, it's just the artistic use of them that I have to grasp.

Is paint FX the same as 3d paint? Can I use it to add detail to and existing texture?